Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2008, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,446 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am relocating from long island, and I need to find an apartment in a safe and nice neighborhood around the PATH stations. I will have to commute to the city and my husband to Long island, thus we really need to get some place in walking distance to any Path.

The thing is we do not know New jersey at all. We already relocated from Tennessee a few months ago, and now for financial reasons we need to get a place in new jersey.

My question is, where would be our best bet to get a decent and affordable apartment ( our budget is around 1100 and 1300 for the rent)? We really do not have the budget to pay the realtor fee, and even though we are checking the craigslist, lacking the knowledge of the city, we really do not know where is safe to live, thus we cannot decide which ones to go and see.

We have a really limited time frame, we have to be moving on september 20th the latest. If you could give me the names of the safe and clean areas that would help a lot. We are a young couple , it would be great if there was some sort of action ( not necessarily crazy but intellectually, and may be some pubs or stuff) in the areas to live.

We are also wondering about the utilities, how much does it cost for a 1 bedroom for the heat and water , for instance.

Would it be a good option to use the bus to commute to nyc or path is a better option. If we get an apartment in union city, around the last stops of the bus, will the buses be too crowded at the rush hour, or will there be a crazy traffic, like back at home in Istanbul...

We are kind of lost in this moving thing. I would appreciate any help...

thanks a lot...
have a great day...
hande
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: