Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:35 PM

474 posts, read 1,260,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueSeraSera View Post
Boy isn't that the truth!

I just had a flashback. Moose Hall and their wrestling matches. Anyone remember that?
I can't believe this--me and my cousin used to go to Moose Hall to see the wrestlers anytime they were there. My faves were...oh gosh, can't remember but it was the tag team of Costello & Heffernan. Also Johnnie Valentine.

This is so weird! Maybe we all should have a reunion of sorts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 04:39 PM

474 posts, read 1,260,224 times
Hope I'm allowed to do this Just found this slideshow video on YouTube showing Trenton--esp. the older downtown area, Roebling factory etc. Doesn't have South Trenton but it still brought a tear to my eye:

YouTube - Trenton New Jersey - Born on a New Day

Old 06-23-2007, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,730 times
Anybody know @ histories, web sites, data, etc @ the E L Kerns Beverege (Soda) Company in Trenton, NJ. I think that they had an Elk head as thier logo and horizontally-ridged glass bottles? Any street addresses?

How about The Texas Wiener place downtown? Maybe State Street? Somewhere near the Movie Theater district. Possibly not far from City Beef Comp. Where was that located?

Old 08-04-2007, 08:54 PM

2 posts, read 9,267 times
I think you are referring to Marucca's on North Olden Avenue in the old Gaiety theater complex near Olden and Walnut Avenue. Joey's of Hamilton on White Horse Mercerville Road off Kuser Road is a direct descendent. Excellent TOMATO PIE and also very cheesy pizzas.
Tom Glover

Old 08-05-2007, 10:02 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueSeraSera View Post
I'm just reading the paper now and Michele Lorie's is closing for good.

NJ.com: Everything Jersey
Oh no! My family has been making trips Trenton for at least 15 years if not longer for those cheesecakes! That just stinks.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 9,267 times
Smile Let me correct a minor error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Glover View Post
I think you are referring to Marucca's on North Olden Avenue in the old Gaiety theater complex near Olden and Walnut Avenue. Joey's of Hamilton on White Horse Mercerville Road off Kuser Road is a direct descendent. Excellent TOMATO PIE and also very cheesy pizzas.
Tom Glover
I erred when I placed Marucca's on No. Olden Avenue. I should have placed it on So. Olden Avenue below E. State Street. (Another of my senior moments).
For those interested in Trenton area history/nostalgia, I maintain 3 websites for the area. TOM GLOVER'S HAMILTON SCRAPBOOK, Hamilton High: "EVER WE'LL LOYAL BE" and KUSER SCHOOL: A LOCAL LEGEND. The first is a Hamilton-Trenton-Mercer area "scrapbook" entitled "Tom Glover's Hamilton." The second is my alma mater, Hamilton High School, and the third is my grammar school. Visitors welcome. Enjoy!

Old 08-19-2007, 10:57 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,943 times
Only move in if you are a Blood

Old 10-16-2007, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,548 times
Smile Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunky View Post
Anybody know @ histories, web sites, data, etc @ the E L Kerns Beverege (Soda) Company in Trenton, NJ. I think that they had an Elk head as thier logo and horizontally-ridged glass bottles? Any street addresses?

How about The Texas Wiener place downtown? Maybe State Street? Somewhere near the Movie Theater district. Possibly not far from City Beef Comp. Where was that located?
The Kerns building was on N. Broad St right next to the Delaware-Raritan canal near Allen St. The entrance for vehicle was off of N. Montgomery St. After the building was closed when the company went out of business, it became the home for the Trenton Police Department K-9 unit for years.

The Texas Wiener store was on N. Warren St. at Hanover St. It sat next to the Chinese American restaurant, next door to Whitey's newstand. Best hot dogs in the world!!! I just wish I could get my hands on their recipe.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:34 PM

2 posts, read 8,570 times
Trenton is bad to live in and bad for business. The few good people actully trying to make an Honest liveing quickly pack their bags and leave, do to the tough enviorment imposed by the city and it's inspectors untill the city learns that it needs to chang and that it will never change from within the city will remain the armpit of mercer county forever.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:20 PM

2 posts, read 10,664 times
Christina0001, you must be much younger than me. Mill Hill was the scene of
a very brutal torture- murder back in the middle or late seventies. One of the
original occupants of the newly revitalized area was a socialite named Emma Jean Stockton. She had roots all the way back to the Revolutionary War. It
was big news at the time. If I remember correctly, an arrest was made in the
case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey