Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 PM

4 posts, read 30,417 times

Advertisements

Hi, I received my extension. I got one check and then had to re-open my claim because I had earnings for 8 days. Then I had to wait over a month for a phone interview with claims examiner to check for misconduct (I was terminated because of lack of experience) Now it is about ten days and they still haven't released all my back checks. When I went down to the UE Office in Toms River, they told me the Extension Computers were "Haywire" and some people were waiting all summer for their money. Anyone in a similar situation? Can someone give me a clue as to how long I have to wait after the telephone interview? THanks Alot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:09 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
you should be receiving something soon!! Probably this Friday I bet

Old 09-07-2008, 08:14 PM

After calling UE every day and being told that they are not taking any calls, I am starting to think that I got lost in the shuffle (the haywire computers etc) But, thanks for the encouraging word. No, nothing on Friday.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:16 PM

Also, I am new to this. Could someone tell me the difference between a post and a thread. Thanks

Old 09-08-2008, 04:50 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,880,403 times
I had the same thing happen to me. I received the letter saying I was eligible, but nothing after that. I called a number in Trenton (the woman was so nasty) she told me I had wages - I told her NO I didn't.

She gave me another number to call - all I got was a recording saying "due to the high call volume they were not taking calls" I sat there and just hit redial constantly, after 2 days I finally got someone on the phone. She was the nicest person I have ever talked to. She told me that my check was being held up because it showed I put I worked on my form, which I didn't.

They had to cross reference, she didn't have my form in front of her, it just said it in the computer. I did receive my back checks on Friday.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 14,840 times
How do I know if I am eligible my unemployment will be running out in about 2-4 weeks. What is the process of getting the extension if there is one?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:04 PM

For KING - GOOD LUCK! I think the extension is automatic if you are already on UE.
for GJM - you probably had the same woman I had gotten a few weeks ago, a real blessing - she straightened everything out. However, after trying for a week to get through recently, I finally spoke to someone on Monday. Her exact words were there is only 2 people working in the office and they are going as fast as they can. They are holding back 2 months worth of my checks because I did have earnings.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 7,501 times
I would like to know if there are any unemployment extentions. If there are, how do you get them? Do you have to apply for them or are they automatic?

Old 09-16-2008, 04:05 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,951,650 times
I've been told in another thread that the extension is automatic. I have 1 more check left. How does it work bing automatic, should my "claim for benefits" show it after my next check or do I have to re-open the claim to see this if I don't see anything in the mail?

Old 09-24-2008, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 14,840 times
Thanks for the answer hopefully it is automatic but I just sent a letter in with my last claim form. Anybody have a secret number to call to get a person lol this is crazy then again there are crazier things happening...lol

Has anybody had this kick in automatically like he says if so could you let me know if there were any tell signs that things are being done properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey