Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:47 PM

259 posts, read 922,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
and if you are speeding isn't that the cops job...to give you a ticket??
there is a pretty nasty stretch of Rte 46 through Budd Lake, the scene of a few fatal accidents over the past few years..speed was usually a factor

As well as 206....down by Oakwood Village..nasty stretch of road
I agree with you, however I wasn't talking about going 10-20 miles over the limit. I mean, they pull you over if you are going 3 miles over the limit. Trust me, I have the tickets to prove it. You are right, that stretch on 206 is just ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 03:38 PM

36 posts, read 172,191 times
Default Mount olive township

Hi,

We been living in mount olive for last 9 years and loved it. We live one of the best single family home in the town (Country Oaks).

unfortunalty we are moving out as I am accepting job in Philadelphia this summer.

On thing I can say that Schools are very good. My son is in Gifted and Talented programs as well two times geogrpahy bee winner.

Moderator cut: no advertising

Old 03-08-2008, 05:08 PM

35 posts, read 105,010 times
I graduated from good ole' Mt olive HS 17 years ago! . nice area, good for familes, malls are close by. Mendham and chester are wonderful towns too that are a bit closer to Morristown, although the real-estate there is unbeleivable expensive. Long Valley is nice, good schools, may be a bit longer of a commute for you.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:48 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,522,100 times
I lived in Budd Lake for 9 years. I cant say too much wrong or bad about it other then the usual corrupt politicos the town has but that is most every town and city.

My worst complaint is that Horse and buggy trail they call 206. What a nightmare abortion of a road. The state never seems to allot any money for this road to bring it from 1928 standards to todays standards. I know they recently built that climbing lane to 80 but it does little good.

If you can work odd hours you are home free.

Hey go have lunch or dinner at The After on 206 while you are there. I miss that place. The antique shop across the street is awesome too, especially at Christmas time.

The big lake is just a dirty weed choked bowl filled in so deeply by silt from years of neglect that it is at most 8' deep.

Other then these few things I really did like it there.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:34 PM

36 posts, read 172,191 times
Default Budd lake

Budd Lake has prety nice area such as Country Oaks developement. housear are less than 10 year old. All youngs families has moved in that neighbourhood. just 1 mile away from route 80 and easy access to Big Mall in 1.5 miles. Sams Club, WalMart, Lowes, Old Navy, Apple Bees, Chills, and Long Horne

what else somebody needs ?

Old 03-12-2008, 02:24 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,548,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dritterb View Post
I graduated from good ole' Mt olive HS 17 years ago! . nice area, good for familes, malls are close by. Mendham and chester are wonderful towns too that are a bit closer to Morristown, although the real-estate there is unbeleivable expensive. Long Valley is nice, good schools, may be a bit longer of a commute for you.
Class of 82! Good ole Mt. Olive Mall : )) By the way, the original post is from 2/2007 - I'm sure they are here already : ))

Old 02-24-2011, 09:15 PM

3 posts, read 12,658 times
You may want to look at Chester. Excellent schools and take the back roads to morristown and bypass the traffic. You can be in morristown in 20 min.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 PM

11,337 posts, read 10,974,064 times
Compared to Long Island, you will find Mt. Olive to be a dream. I'm serious. My sister lives in St. James and compared to even that, Mt. Olive is a country paradise.

Commuting to Morristown will not be too bad, some minor congestion along Route 24, but compared to the Northern State or the LIE it will be a cakewalk. And there are backroads to avoid the traffic depending on where you will be working.

The schools are decent, and there is plenty of shopping in the area.

My only reservation in recommending Mt. Olive is to people who have to commute to NY City or Hudson County. But if that is not the issue, you should definitely keep it on your short list. It is relatively affordable compared with MUCH more expensive towns like Chester or Mendham.

One thing you will find in househunting in this area is that the frequency of septic systems, wells, and oil tanks is much higher than Nassau/Suffolk. That will be a bit of an annoyance, however there are also plenty of subdivisions with city water and sewers.

Definitely give it a look, and also look at the neighboring towns: Washington Twp and Roxbury Twp. Roxbury is closer to Morristown and Washington is known for a more countrified setting and superior schools, though it is a bit more remote with less shopping and services.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:47 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,891,124 times
Just found out our thoughts and ideas to move OUT of the tristate in 2012...may be put on hold till 2013. Soooo...being that the office is in jersey city and we prefer new"er" construction...are any of these cities remotely possible (btw, dh is firm new yorker, I am not....so first step would be to convince him to move outta ny).

*will posting this on a general thread as well.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:23 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,586,214 times
3 year old thread alert *beep beep*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey