U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 05:45 PM

17 posts, read 95,096 times

Advertisements

You've all been so helpful and I have yet another question...can anyone give their opinions on Ocean Township in Monmouth County?

I can't seem to find anything when I search, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

Are there any certain areas of the twp. that you'd recommend buying a house in for a family? Any overall opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 03:05 PM

15 posts, read 91,889 times
All of Ocean township is nice, I live very near it.

The towns around it are West Long Branch, Deal, Allenhurst, West Allenhurst, Eatontown.

On a map, West Park Ave & Route 35 would be the middle of it.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:04 AM

12 posts, read 60,129 times
I lived in Wanamassa (part of Ocean Township) and loved it. It was a community where you knew and waved to neighbors. We had block parties and had a good melting pot going. Close to everything and great schools, also inexpensive. I am a realtor and bought my home there in 00 for 289k and sold it in 05 for 651k (and didn't really do much to it). I was forced into selling (xwife), but still miss it.

Depending on your kids ages and interests there are different areas to look for.

Good luck

Old 02-08-2007, 06:19 AM

17 posts, read 95,096 times
thank you both so much for your responses! that 'wave to your neighbors' kind of community is just what we're looking for!

jerseyshoreguy, my daughter's still a baby, but we'd rather not have to move when it's time for school, so schools are important. We'd also like an area with diversity (including a good sized Asian population). Are their sections of Ocean Twp. that we may find that more than others?

thanks again

Old 02-08-2007, 04:24 PM

15 posts, read 91,889 times
An interesting fact about schools in this area.

The Deal school (K - 8th), in Deal, is a public school with a very, very low number of students. Many locals, in places near here with poor schools, send their children there. You pay a few thousand dollars per year, and can live almost anywhere in the area .

My son went to school there, his class had 17 students.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:48 PM

167 posts, read 663,298 times
I live in the Wayside section of Ocean twp. Although, we are probably moving next summer. We do enjoy the town. Close to the beach, shopping and NYC. My kids are attending Wayside Elem. & Ocean Inter. If you have any questions just ask.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:33 AM

15 posts, read 91,347 times
Default Living In Ocean Twp

HI
Our family has lived in Ocean Twp for 6 years now...great town to live in, close to the beaches, shopping, train to NYC etc. Our area is very family oriented. Schools are rated very well, a little on the bigger side but do have a good reputation.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:20 PM

45 posts, read 244,636 times
We moved to Ocean township 10 years ago to start our family. Our house is in the Oakhurst section. 3 little boys later, I can tell you the school is terrific and our neighborhood is great. Very family friendly town, with nice amenities like parks, activities, community pool etc. Sad to say we are moving south to follow my husband's job and I hope to find the same sort of community spirit wherever we land. Good luck in your search and don't hesitate to ask if I can answer any questions.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:43 PM

167 posts, read 663,298 times
Boyohboy, Where down south are you moving?

Old 06-15-2007, 03:00 PM

45 posts, read 244,636 times
Default Hiya Zipbags

Love your log-in. We are moving to Florida, Manatee county. My husband is working in St Pete and currently commuting from Sarasota. He prefers the area east of 75 in Bradenton. Will be concentrating our search there once our house sells. In the mean time I am looking to one last summer at the Jersey shore with my boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey