Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:13 AM

2,715 posts, read 11,909,084 times

Advertisements

These red light cameras have proven to dramatically increase rear-end accidents, because people are stopping short when the light turns yellow.

Folks this is not about safety--it's all about $$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Another way for Corzine and his cronies on the legislature to grab your money. So I have 5 autos registered in my name, if one of my children or wife blows a light I get points on MY license along with a fine. Gotta love this state. I guess this is the answer to address budget issues. You might as well suspend my license in advance and I'll mail Trenton a thousand bucks registered mail. I hope the idiots that vote for the elected officials that sponsored this remember when the get a summons in the mail. Now when you don't respond to a summons that came in the mail there will be a warrant for your arrest with cops BANGING on your door because your son went thru a red light 80 miles away and your unaware of it.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:26 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times
This is 100% a money maker, and nothing else.

Just yesterday, a friend of mine just got a photograph of his car (from 3 different angles!!) in the mail with a ticket. He squeezed through a red light on 12th Avenue in NYC, and they snapped 3 photos of his car, and one EXTREME closeup. Needless to say, it was quite creepy.

$50 fine.

If the government wanted to improve safety, they would install crime deterrent cameras on street corners that are in notorious bad areas. This would stop **real** crime, instead of people going through yellow lights who are otherwise law abiding, tax paying citizens.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:41 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,636 times
Scam, Privacy infridgement, Guilty until proven innocent, the list goes on.
Purchase photo block - spray for your plates. It will make your plates appear as a big blur to the camera.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:49 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Purchase photo block - spray for your plates. It will make your plates appear as a big blur to the camera.

Does that really work? Where can I buy it?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:58 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,445 times
myth busters did a thing on it....no work

here's the link

MythBusters Episode 73: "Speed Cameras"

don't waste your money

Old 09-09-2008, 11:02 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,606 times
Apparently it worked in Denver:

YouTube - Photo Radar red light camera license plate spray

Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
These red light cameras have proven to dramatically increase rear-end accidents, because people are stopping short when the light turns yellow.

Folks this is not about safety--it's all about $$.
I agree they need to just install the blue beancons like here!

Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times
I ran a light on wednesday 9/3. I noticed cameras on top of the traffic poles but I dont think they are red light cameras, I think they are just monitoring cameras but I am not sure. This was in glen ridge

Has any town in NJ started this yet? Or is it upcoming in the couple months?

Old 09-09-2008, 03:58 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,636 times
I have a court date tomorrow because I received a $100 ticket in mail for speeding. Photo showed 2 other cars right next to me. I contested it and will appear in front of judge tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. I refuse to pay anything for this trash system.

Fifth amendment rights allow you to refuse any question that is incrimination. Plead not guilty to any ticket. Plead the fifth for any question that is asked that can incriminate you. In this case, judge will ask me if I was the driver. Answer: I plead the fifth, self -incriminating. 2nd Question: Well, who was driving? Answer: I plead the 5th, self incriminating. You get the point. Most people dont fight tickets because they are Afraid and Dont understand your rights

Its up to the court to come up with evidence and proof without a reasonably doubt. Im sick of reading all this posts by people stating if you did the crime, just pay the ticket, you deserve it. Well, I find those people to be cowards and ignorant of their rights.

The photos I received in the mail all show the back of my car. You cant even see the driver. Also, the ticket must be enforced on the driver and not who registers the vehicle.

Will let you know the outcome...

Here is more proof the photo blocker spray works. Its only $17 a can which covers 4 plates.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Can-You-Beat...o-Radar-Ticket

Last edited by todd72173; 09-09-2008 at 05:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey