Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 06:27 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,978,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I miss Ponderosa of all places. Loved their salad bar.
What about Sizzler? They seem to have dropped off the face of the earth too. That place was like being on a cruise! I remember when I was a kid I would go to the dessert bar, grab some cake, cookies, etc...and top it with soft serve chocolate ice cream sprinkled with candy bits. Roy Rogers is another one I miss. The Trenton Train station had one right up until they started remodeling and I vaguely remember one at a rest stop on the Parkway near Cape May.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 06:36 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Sizzler was really great too, but we didn't really have any around. There used to be quite a few PondeBullBoxer31 though - and one Bonanza, which was pretty good.

LOVE the dessert bars - you should see the ones at - WAIT - here's another that can come up tomorrow and make an absolute fortune, they are so good - GOLDEN CORRAL!!!!!!

Ok, changed my favorite of what I'd like to see up here - Golden Corral would win hands down!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:40 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
What about Sizzler? They seem to have dropped off the face of the earth too. That place was like being on a cruise! I remember when I was a kid I would go to the dessert bar, grab some cake, cookies, etc...and top it with soft serve chocolate ice cream sprinkled with candy bits. Roy Rogers is another one I miss. The Trenton Train station had one right up until they started remodeling and I vaguely remember one at a rest stop on the Parkway near Cape May.
there's one in rockaway, not too too far from you if you're really having a hankering!

i used to love roy rogers' taco potatoes.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:57 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
The last Roy Rogers in the area that Im aware of closed recently when Livingston Mall remodeled, I loved their chicken. Although I've only been to the Cheesecake Factory a couple of times, I like it (what a hugggge menu!), I also like the Outback also and the Red Lobster. Pizza Hut is pretty good too, tons of different pizzas.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:42 PM

983 posts, read 2,773,888 times
My favorite chains are:

Bahama Breeze (Caribbean)
Brio (Italian)

Old 09-11-2008, 04:56 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
I vote for Ihop... I love breakfast anytime...
Otherwise I go to the Outback and laugh as its all so fake Aussie...

Old 09-11-2008, 06:55 PM

107 posts, read 383,283 times
Perkins anyone....they have good breakfast and desserts...

Old 09-11-2008, 07:05 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,158 times
Cracker Barrel... there is one in NJ but have never been. We always make the stops down south. Although my sister who lived in NC was mortified and said it was a tourist trap.

They have great buttermilk shrimp with sides...

Soup is good too.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:45 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,978,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
Cracker Barrel... there is one in NJ but have never been.
There's two that I know of-one in Hamilton (Mercer County) and one in Clinton.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:33 AM

169 posts, read 703,110 times
Favorite Chain Restaurants (in NJ): Bennihanas, Houstons, Cheeseburgers in Paradise, and I do favor Houlihans over all of the others (Fridays, Chilis, Applebees, etc.)

I see a lot of votes for Ruth's Chris, I personally think it's overrated but that's just my opinion. I think Morton's is better and a ton of better options in NYC for just about the same price as Ruth's Chris.

As for outside of NJ this is very easy: In-N-Out Burger, Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, Chuys, Tommy's Burger (greatest chili-cheese fries EVER)

All of the above can be found in and around the California area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey