Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 02:42 PM

468 posts, read 580,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
White Castle. Love their double cheese sliders.

Also, a bowl of chips / salsa, cheese burger and fries with a couple of 20 oz. beers at Chilis for a spur of the moment meal out.
I've got to get over to White Castle and try their stuff,I've tried the frozen ones but I can't get anyone else to go with me

Oh and Chilis has recently started to annoy me because I didn't realize they give EVERYONE that comes in a bowl of chips to CRUNCH on so I've got to listen to a symphony of CRUNCH when I go there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 05:56 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,355,652 times
We went to Cheesecake Factory today for lunch in Menlo Park. The lettuce wraps were soooo good.

Took a few hour break shopping and went back for dessert. The 30th Anniversary/B-day cheesecake is huge and absolutely delicious. I ate half and brought the rest home,

The Cheesecake Factory :: Menu :. Welcome

Old 09-14-2008, 06:35 PM

107 posts, read 383,213 times
I've been to Quaker Steak and Lube in State College (the Penn State location). It was good but I didn't think it was amazing. I was a little disappointed but I would try it again. I hope that they come to NJ..we need some other chain restaurants...

Old 09-14-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
We went to Cheesecake Factory today for lunch in Menlo Park. The lettuce wraps were soooo good.

Took a few hour break shopping and went back for dessert.
Ah the Cheesewait Factory...anytime I've been there it's been no less than a 2 hour wait!
The first time was in King of Prussia...we had to get in a line just to put our name in to wait in another line!
The second time in Cherry Hill wasn't as bad,all I can say is don't go there if you are really hungry! Eat beforehand.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:16 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
there are still plenty of white castles in the urban and inner ring suburban areas of northeastern nj - places like newark, jersey city, paterson, union city, north bergen, clifton, etc. but you're right, it doesn't seem that there are many locations in the more rural/exurban areas such as your neck of the woods. not sure why that is. and i've definitely encountered that bullet-proof revolving cylinder in the drive-thru lane for paying and receiving your food; most white castle locations seem to have that feature due to their sketchy locales.

incidentally, my friends on the west coast all want to try white castle's burgers next time they visit nyc due to that "harold and kumar go to white castle" movie.
Now I'm glad that I read most of the thread. How stupid is White Castle? Before that movie was released they should have started building on Rt. 73 by the turnpike exit. It's actually Mt. Laurel but right next to Cherry Hill. There were probable thousands of people eager to road trip to the Harold and Kumar White Castle.

I used to go to the WC in Tom's River. My son and I would have a few sliders and leave with a Crave Case.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:26 PM

162 posts, read 638,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Who misses Ground Round? We used to go to the one on Route 130/206 in Bordentown when I was a kid. Video games, free popcorn, huge burgers, and ice cream sundaes in mini batting helmets! Apparently they're back but now it's just your standard "casual dining" TGI-Friday's type place.
I miss the Ground Round! I had it in mind and couldn't remember the name. We frequented the one in Fairfield. That was the last time I ate fillet mignon. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. And that was a long time ago!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Now I'm glad that I read most of the thread. How stupid is White Castle? Before that movie was released they should have started building on Rt. 73 by the turnpike exit. It's actually Mt. Laurel but right next to Cherry Hill. There were probable thousands of people eager to road trip to the Harold and Kumar White Castle.
Well that would be an appropriate location as alot of the people in that area act as if they're Harold and Kumar

So were they going to build there? Because I'm in that area all the time...although I think that area of 73 might be cursed or something because in the past year or 2 so many restaurants down there have closed!

Old 10-05-2008, 05:34 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Sizzler was really great too, but we didn't really have any around. There used to be quite a few PondeBullBoxer31 though - and one Bonanza, which was pretty good.

LOVE the dessert bars - you should see the ones at - WAIT - here's another that can come up tomorrow and make an absolute fortune, they are so good - GOLDEN CORRAL!!!!!!

Ok, changed my favorite of what I'd like to see up here - Golden Corral would win hands down!
We have that here where live, and if I never go in one again it will be fine with me. There are so many better options.

Diane G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey