Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 847 times

Advertisements

Same boat here, ordered triple play, followed all the requirements and would receive $250 cash rebate, I was told to call 800-Comcast on July 21st 2011 (three months after acceptance) and my rebate would be issued, right! No on knew Nothing about any CASH rebate, I am waiting (2 weeks now) for a call from Comcast. This is a bunch of bull, just a big run around. I too will be contacting the BBB!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 07:47 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,536,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npsgeisel View Post
Same boat here, ordered triple play, followed all the requirements and would receive $250 cash rebate, I was told to call 800-Comcast on July 21st 2011 (three months after acceptance) and my rebate would be issued, right! No on knew Nothing about any CASH rebate, I am waiting (2 weeks now) for a call from Comcast. This is a bunch of bull, just a big run around. I too will be contacting the BBB!
I posted back on page three of this thread, but what worked for me is the following:

The customer service reps on the phone aren't the ones who process the rebates, that is handled by marketing. However, those reps can setup a case and send the info to marketing, you just have to push them on it. When I pressured the rep that I needed this handled TODAY, she relented and setup a case with marketing and provided me a case/tracking number for my claim. Two days later I got an email confirming my rebate was approved and that I would receive it in 6-8 weeks. It showed up in about five.

The other issue is whether or not you signed up through Comcast itself or a third party. If you setup service with Comcast directly, not some third party website or store, than the rebate comes from Comcast. If you signed up through one of the third parties, they are the ones who process the rebate and I don't have any help for you on how to get it out of them. The rep asked me this piece of info on the phone before we even proceeded and explained that a lot of people are upset because they sign up with a third party not realizing the rebate they are promised isn't from Comcast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey