U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 11:59 PM

71 posts, read 320,551 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I might possibly be moving To NJ (we currently live in Philly) because he has a possible job in Brick, NJ. We aren't very familiar with the area, and went out there for the day, but spent most of our time on the road trying to get used to all the jughandles instead of left turns (haha).

Anyway, I am a graphic designer and would like to still be close enough to an area where I could get a good paying full time job as a designer, so we were thinking of moving to an apartment either in Lakewood or possible as far north as Freehold. Does anyone know where the best places to live are, while still being close to work and shopping/entertainment? We both love the beach, shopping, going to see movies, and we want to go out and explore as much as we can.

We also want to live in a nice apartment complex, but can't really go above $1200 a month (we could MAYBE consider going up a couple hundred if it was worth the extra). We are both also willing to drive about 30 min to get to work if it means being in an ideal place for both of us to live and work.

The only places we had really seen that we liked in Lakewood was New Hampshire Commons (seemed like a really nice apartment complex) and Woodlake and Tivoli (really liked the floorplan, but don't know yet how the area is). In Freehold we looked at an apartment called Avalon, but it was a little above our price range at $1300-$1400 a month.

With all of this being said, does anyone have any information for newcomers to the area? Places to visit, places to avoid, places to live, places to find work?? Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance to anyone that replies!!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 06:19 PM

Can anyone at least tell me some info about the Brick/Lakewood area? (Things to do, places to go, places to avoid)

Old 09-15-2008, 07:12 PM

646 posts, read 2,503,247 times
Check out Point Pleasent ,boro and beach.Manasquan also,Wall.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:47 PM

Giantone-- Do you know of any good apartment complexes in the Point Pleasant/ Manasquan area? What are some fun things to do in the area? It seems like there's plenty of shopping in Brick and some surrounding areas. How is the job market over there?

Old 09-15-2008, 09:13 PM

1,462 posts, read 4,324,099 times
Lakewood has struck me as highly religious.

Point Pleasant has Jenks' and the boardwalk area. Beach and stuff right there.

Can't speak for the job market.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:03 PM

Thanks Sweeptheleg. Does anyone have anymore info (pref. more detailed) about the areas I named above/.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:16 PM

12 posts, read 47,557 times
Cool get in touch with me asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelef1l View Post
My boyfriend and I might possibly be moving To NJ (we currently live in Philly) because he has a possible job in Brick, NJ. We aren't very familiar with the area, and went out there for the day, but spent most of our time on the road trying to get used to all the jughandles instead of left turns (haha).

Anyway, I am a graphic designer and would like to still be close enough to an area where I could get a good paying full time job as a designer, so we were thinking of moving to an apartment either in Lakewood or possible as far north as Freehold. Does anyone know where the best places to live are, while still being close to work and shopping/entertainment? We both love the beach, shopping, going to see movies, and we want to go out and explore as much as we can.

We also want to live in a nice apartment complex, but can't really go above $1200 a month (we could MAYBE consider going up a couple hundred if it was worth the extra). We are both also willing to drive about 30 min to get to work if it means being in an ideal place for both of us to live and work.

The only places we had really seen that we liked in Lakewood was New Hampshire Commons (seemed like a really nice apartment complex) and Woodlake and Tivoli (really liked the floorplan, but don't know yet how the area is). In Freehold we looked at an apartment called Avalon, but it was a little above our price range at $1300-$1400 a month.

With all of this being said, does anyone have any information for newcomers to the area? Places to visit, places to avoid, places to live, places to find work?? Any help will be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance to anyone that replies!!!
i have a 1 bedroom house with a workshop. 2 miles from the ocean. boardwalk, i live in toms river, nj. from here you could throw a rock to bricktown. i would like to move to new hampshire. but i dont want to sell my house or rent to welfare. im looking for a happy couple to rent this place out. i have not yet advertised. im looking for cool people

Old 09-16-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt43 View Post
i have a 1 bedroom house with a workshop. 2 miles from the ocean. boardwalk, i live in toms river, nj. from here you could throw a rock to bricktown. i would like to move to new hampshire. but i dont want to sell my house or rent to welfare. im looking for a happy couple to rent this place out. i have not yet advertised. im looking for cool people

How much are you asking for it? I might be interested, as we don't need anything more than a one bedroom. Do you have any pictures? I'm curious to see what it looks like since it's a one bedroom house.

Thanks for the reply!

Old 09-16-2008, 06:34 PM

792 posts, read 2,906,889 times
My preference would be Red Bank. Love Red Bank, esp. festivals (e.g. Riverfest). I'm not into cigars but I heard they have a popular cigar bar there too.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:40 PM

646 posts, read 2,503,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelef1l View Post
Giantone-- Do you know of any good apartment complexes in the Point Pleasant/ Manasquan area? What are some fun things to do in the area? It seems like there's plenty of shopping in Brick and some surrounding areas. How is the job market over there?
Not off hand ,but you might look at a "winter rental"......there are usally cheap and it would give you time to look around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey