Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 05:23 AM

10 posts, read 38,984 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if someone could help me-I'm getting married in June and am currently looking for my wedding dress. The wedding is in PA, where I'm from, and I'm most likely going to purchase the dress in PA, but I'd still like to try a few on around here to get some ideas before I go out shopping with my mom in PA a few weekends from now. I live in Cranford now, but also used to live around the Edison/Woodbridge area, and was looking for places around those areas. I know about the David's Bridal in East Brunswick and Springfield, but was looking to go to some other smaller shops that aren't super high end(I have a pretty small budget since I'm paying for the gown myself). Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 06:14 AM

10 posts, read 38,984 times
Thanks for the reply!

I'm not going to mention about possibly not buying it at the store, but if I did see something I loved for a good price, I would buy it in NJ. I just thought it would be easier to buy it in PA for travelling/storing/alteration reasons, plus also maybe a little cheaper since my parents live in a very inexpensive area.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:46 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,947,660 times
David's prices are great! They did not exist when I got married back in '92. I got mine in Bridals by Roma and they were attentive, but pushy and expensive. My sister got married in '96 and I bought hers at the Davids in EB and it was so nice and so inexpensive.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:01 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,689,910 times
My wife actually did the reverse; got married in Central NJ and bought the dress in the Easton PA area. It was the same place my cousin bought her dress from, both of them looked great. Because I set rules on how much she could spend for the dress, it was relatively inexpensive.

What's your price range?

Old 09-23-2008, 09:28 AM

72 posts, read 309,063 times
There's a bridal shop in Clark on Westfield Avenue. We got my mom's mother-of-the-bride dress there back in 2000. I can't remember the name of it, but it was small and had very nice people working there. I've recommended it to a few people since then. Good luck.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:07 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,689,910 times
BTW, if you're looking for a wedding band - www.fuzzpops.com. We had them and they were PHENOMENAL. Pricey, but PHENOMENAL.

The most important things at your wedding is still photography, food, and entertainment. Don't spend money on limos because it's not a high return-on-investment. No one ever looks back on their wedding day and says "what a great limo".

Also, if you're looking at wedding photography, see how good their retouching is. We had two pics of the bridal party, and one was great except one bridesmaid wasn't smiling. The photographer photoshopped her head out of a pic we weren't using and made the photo a keeper.

I always wanted to be a wedding coordinator.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spclagnt27 View Post
I was wondering if someone could help me-I'm getting married in June and am currently looking for my wedding dress. The wedding is in PA, where I'm from, and I'm most likely going to purchase the dress in PA, but I'd still like to try a few on around here to get some ideas before I go out shopping with my mom in PA a few weekends from now. I live in Cranford now, but also used to live around the Edison/Woodbridge area, and was looking for places around those areas. I know about the David's Bridal in East Brunswick and Springfield, but was looking to go to some other smaller shops that aren't super high end(I have a pretty small budget since I'm paying for the gown myself). Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you!
What are you looking to spend?
I personally would stay away from Davids Bridal, not my taste.
My gown was really well made it was a sweet heart cut was totally beaded, cost about $800. The gal I got it from lives in PA, she was working out of her house last I knew so she had no overhead.

Look online. Register at The Knot, there's another site though I can't remember.
I actually have a post with some nice inexpensive dresses at another forum, send me a DM, I'll give you the link.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:42 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spclagnt27 View Post
In PA there are a few Bridal stores in Franklin Mills Mall. You might want to look there, as its an outlet mall.

Diane G

Old 09-23-2008, 07:48 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,367 times
Dolores Bridal in Edison in the little strip mall between Menlo Park Mall and Rt. 1. I got my gown there, as did a friend of mine. Loved them. Another friend went to Cinderella Bridal in Matawan. I think it's on Rt. 34 or 36-not sure which one. Good luck and congratulations. There's another little bridal shop right next to David's Bridal East Brunswick. Personally, it wasn't for me, but you might like them.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:54 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,355,288 times
I was in a bridal party 8 yrs ago. We got our dresses from Manuela's in Clark with no problems.

Manuela's Bridal Boutique
2 reviews - Write a review
107 Westfield Ave
Clark, NJ 07066
(732) 396-4647‎
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey