Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 02:06 PM

2 posts, read 13,771 times

Advertisements

Possibly buying new home at southfield estates.
Im trying to gather some information before I walk in and speak to anyone.
I need to know where to start for negotiations.
My wife and I are interested in the Brittany model listed at 619.
I'm hoping maybe I can get a little more for my money or a price reduction.
If anyone can help with any kind of info about the builder,quality,prices,....anything, I'd be very grateful.
Southfield looks like a nice place for my family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 02:44 PM

5 posts, read 23,633 times
I would like to know also. What was the starting price when this development was first started? When was the last time they raise their prices? they've been there 3 years...When I asked they said they don't negotiate on the price of the homes, but do negotiate on the upgrades....how much I don't know

Old 09-21-2009, 08:17 AM

2 posts, read 8,475 times
I recently put a deposit and might be able to provide some information. I am also looking for other new neighbors!

Old 02-23-2010, 08:29 PM

3 posts, read 9,021 times
Default Southfield Monroe

Have any of you guys bought in Southfield in Monroe? Am interested in the incentives and any bargaining that we could do. I see the optional 3car garage is too high a price at 30+k..
any recent buyers?

Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 PM

24 posts, read 103,861 times
Smile Southfield Estates

Builders dont negociate directly with the homeowner. They normally include a list of upgrades for the buyer which you get to choose. You need a real estate agent to actually negociate other things for you.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 7,005 times
Default Southfield estates at Monroe

Hi, I am putting an offer at Southfield Estates at Monroe and will appreciate if somebody can provide me more information on the this community, like how was your experirence with builder and how is the community? Any insights will be highly appreciated.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,636 times
Hi All,

I am planning to look at Southfield estates too. From what I heard, the builder does not negotiate about the base price, but does negotiate on the upgrades. They have a 'special' going on for 25K free upgrades ( I am sure that must be factored into the base price). It would be great to know the following though:

1. In todays economy, will they still not negotiate on the base price?
2. If they say they have a 25K or 30K or 35K special going on in free upgrades, then typically how much more upgrades would they negotiate for %'wise ?
3. We have a baby, and would really like to hear about the school district.

Any thoughts or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Abhi.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:48 PM

6 posts, read 11,938 times
builders saying they dont negotiate on base prices is just a standard thing for them to say
they figure if they say that, then you will assume it is just the way it is and then they can just work with you on things that cost them little money, but for which they can claim are worth more (ie: $25k upgrade to a kitchen that probably only costs them $5k)

don't listen to their bull****. there are less and less jobs and the jobs that are available are being grabbed up by people who are willing to take it for less pay. as a result, there just aren't enough people who can afford $600k homes, especially in a town like monroe

if they claim they can give you $35k in upgrades, tell them that sounds great, but if its truly $35k in upgrades, just take the discount off the price of the home. of course they won't agree to that b/c it's not really costing them $35k.

don't accept things just because they are a builder.

that's like walking into a furniture store and them giving you a bunch of nonsense about "oh, we're a big corporation, not your local furniture store, the prices are what they are" ...BS!

Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 AM

6 posts, read 13,060 times
Hi, has anyone bought a home in Southfield Estates at Monroe, NJ? We are considering the Yardly or Espirit model there on one of the last few lots left. Any info regarding what kind of discounts did you get on base price on upgrades will be really helpful. Also would like to know what was the base price of Yardly or Espirit a cpl years back if any one can recall. I have a friend who bought a home in the hallmark homes community behind the oak tree elementary school and they bargained the base price from 590k to 540k and also got about 40k worth of upgrades for a very small price. Is this happening in Southfield Estates too? Any advice and tips will be really helpful. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey