Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 11:39 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,542,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
I've got a 12yr aged bottle of scotch (when bought) thats since aged another 10 years or so, which my dad gave me after I moved - came in a great set, glasses and all. I'm actually hoping to celebrate at the end of the year with it when I will (hopefully) get a promotion, b/c my company is (oddly enough) doing amazingly well....

So alcohol works for both cases, imho
I have a 90 yr old bottle - found it during an estate clearing we did 5 yrs. ago. I'm not a scotch drinker but I know it has to be worth something so I'm hanging onto it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 11:41 AM

5,815 posts, read 12,570,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I have a 90 yr old bottle - found it during an estate clearing we did 5 yrs. ago. I'm not a scotch drinker but I know it has to be worth something so I'm hanging onto it!
Stop hoarding, bust it out. Lets meet on Rt. 80 and have a party.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Stop hoarding, bust it out. Lets meet on Rt. 80 and have a party.
LOL..it's just a wee nip bottle... scottish - haigh and somebady - one of those bottles with the dimpled glass? It's my new retirement plan...

Old 09-30-2008, 11:50 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times
Quote:
i have a $3,000 bottle of Remy Martin given to my dad by my grandfather.....maybe it's time for me to hock it.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:05 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,643,284 times
Quote:
LOL..it's just a wee nip bottle... scottish - haigh and somebady - one of those bottles with the dimpled glass? It's my new retirement plan...
Haigh &... Haigh?

I'm being serious btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i have a $3,000 bottle of Remy Martin given to my dad by my grandfather.....maybe it's time for me to hock it.
mmmmmmmmmmmm...... remy.........

drooling.......

Old 10-02-2008, 01:06 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,911,603 times
Talking I'm not alone....

Just got this from my sister... see I started a MOVEMENT!
  • If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago you would have $49.00 left.
  • With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00.
  • With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.
  • But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling. REFUND, you would have $214.00 cash.
Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.
It's called the 401-Keg.

A recent study found the average American walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Americans drink, on the average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:27 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,030,664 times
This is what I've done to save money over the past year:

1. Turned vegan--rice, beans, fruits , and veggies are a lot less expensive than buying meat and dairy. Plus I have lost weight and feel healthier.

2. Joined Netflix so if there isn't much to do at least I can watch a movie, documentary, or get an exercise dvd etc.

3. Go to the library to look at the magazines I like or go to BN. Those little things add up.

4. Take my lunch to work on most day.

5. Make sure I run a lot of errands in one day to save gas.

6. Go running outside or do some exercise at home and ditched the gym fees.

7. Set aside $25 a week for Christmas so by the time xmas arrives at least I won't be broke for buying gifts.

8. GO to more museums, art shows, and galleries instead of bars and pricey restaurants.

9. Reading a lot more. The news is too depressing.

10. Visit more friends and do things around the house to keep busy.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:31 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,759,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
This is what I've done to save money over the past year:

1. Turned vegan--rice, beans, fruits , and veggies are a lot less expensive than buying meat and dairy. Plus I have lost weight and feel healthier.

2. Joined Netflix so if there isn't much to do at least I can watch a movie, documentary, or get an exercise dvd etc.

3. Go to the library to look at the magazines I like or go to BN. Those little things add up.

4. Take my lunch to work on most day.

5. Make sure I run a lot of errands in one day to save gas.

6. Go running outside or do some exercise at home and ditched the gym fees.

7. Set aside $25 a week for Christmas so by the time xmas arrives at least I won't be broke for buying gifts.

8. GO to more museums, art shows, and galleries instead of bars and pricey restaurants.

9. Reading a lot more. The news is too depressing.

10. Visit more friends and do things around the house to keep busy.
Lots of good ideas here.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,911,603 times
Very good Raven!

But I can never give up news. LOL

Old 10-02-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Just got this from my sister... see I started a MOVEMENT!
  • If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago you would have $49.00 left.
  • With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00.
  • With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.
  • But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling. REFUND, you would have $214.00 cash.
Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.
It's called the 401-Keg.

A recent study found the average American walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Americans drink, on the average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.
LOL..great post EEEEEEEEEPPPPPPNJ . So I guess the trick is..walk less and drink more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: