Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 05:02 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,455,901 times

Advertisements

You should get a new Dr. I'm not kidding around or trying to be snarky. What she said is a very serious misconception and more than likely you will pay the price for it somehow, probably through a decreased quality of life that you fail to attribute to dietary implications.

Now MDs are not trained in nutrition so they are not experts in that field. If they choose to educate themselves on dietary issues they would have the potential, based upon their biological and physiological subject matter expertise to be more knowledgeable on the topic than the average citizen with exposure to the same information. BUT they have to really educate themselves on it. And either your Dr has not, you are misrepresenting what she said, or her ability to retain information has suddenly taken a scary nosedive. There is no such thing as "getting away with anything." You are only cheating yourself and you, in the end, pay the price for not investing financially in your health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
I'm 165lbs, 5'11", and according to my doctor, in fantastic health - and I told her about the crappy foods I like to eat. Including entire tubs of ice cream when the mood strikes. She said no worries, I'm healthy, I can get away with it as long as I continue to exercise like I do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 945 times
Wink depression meals

My mom had one pot recipes from that era from her mother. My grandmother would start a soup on Sunday on the wood stove from left over bone of one kind or another from the Sunday dinner. The soup would simmer for days and change just as often. Every day she would add whatever was left over from the dinner meal. I remember that if she had to add vegetables to it during the week, they were always fresh because of the her kitchen garden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey