Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:22 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times

Advertisements

Wow - we're becoming a dating board! YENTAS UNITE! LOL!

What is an ALPHA male? I think my friend may be more of a BETAMAX male... LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 10:09 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Are you male or female? Approximate age? And do you lean to the Right on political views????

I have a straight male in his late 30's in the same boat! I'm always trying to hook him up! LOL!
Female, as you can see by the handle I'm using, I'm a nurse, >90% of us are female, although we have a few token males, of which at least 50% are gay!! I'm late 30's but look late 20's, and I'm middle of the road. So far, not impressed with Republican or Democratic performance in this country. If I thought an Independent candidate had a chance to win, I'd vote for him/her. Not thrilled with either choice right now!! I like to watch the Mets/Jets/Rangers/Devils esp in a good sports bar. Feel free to ask any more questions!!! Maybe he'd like to hang out and watch some football!!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:09 PM

OMG... Onegreatnurse... I think we may have a match......

Although he is a Yankee fan and loathes the Rangers, but the Devils are his life. LOL

Old 10-02-2008, 08:46 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,134 times
Truth be told, I just love to watch hockey fights...he he!!! If he is interested I'm going to meet one of the players on November 11 at a sports bar in Livingston...

Old 10-02-2008, 09:01 PM

Sent you a DM!

Old 10-05-2008, 01:36 PM

370 posts, read 1,370,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Shakra, in Rochelle Park. I would also check out my neighborhood...I'd recommend Bar Majestic and The Merchant in JC for a 30's kind of scene.

That place is nice but just an FYI it is Chakra on Route 4 in Paramus.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,914 times
Hi
I am in my early 30's looking for a good night life with girly thing , I live in hackensack, nj .
near sears, please tell me if there are any places around.

I am also new to the night life word jargon ;-)

I don't know what Alpha/Beta male is

Old 07-25-2009, 07:52 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Ok, so I've been out of the singles scene for a while but just ended a relationship and would like to get out and do some socializing/partying, but I'm not sure where to go. I like large places with an upscale or lounge atmosphere, or clubs where people dress up and there is good club music, not sports or dive bars where people are in ratty clothes drinking cheap beer (that's ok when I want to watch the Mets/Jets play). I also would like to find a crowd whose average age is not 21!!! I'm hoping there are places to go where the crowd is a little older, 30's to 40's. Any suggestions? I live in Bergen County and would prefer to avoid the hassle of going in to NYC (I'm trying to find local places).
Downtown Jersey City has the right crowd. Not so much club music, but plenty of places with a classy look and feel, and an older crowd (mostly 30s)

Old 07-27-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandoo View Post
Hi
I am in my early 30's looking for a good night life with girly thing , I live in hackensack, nj .
near sears, please tell me if there are any places around.

I am also new to the night life word jargon ;-)

I don't know what Alpha/Beta male is

You are very Close to Ultra Lounge just of a Cedar Lane in Teaneck. It is a great indoor/ outdoor lounge. Thursday, Friday and Saturdays are the busy nights but Thursdays seems to be a bit of a younger crowd. They have pretty decent food and have been advertising happy hours but i haven't been so i don't know how that is.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl08 View Post
Check out South City Grill on Route 17 on a Wed. Night. They run it as a lounge and it attracts a mixes group of Late 20's, 30's, 40's and even some 50's. Some of my older co workers go to the Crows Nest on weekends and love it there.
South City has shut down for a few months for remodeling but it seems like the crowd has headed over to Sushi Lounge on Route 46 in Totowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey