U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 AM

2 posts, read 5,606 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody!

First of all I apologize for every english mistake I'll do here, you know, I'm italian...

Anyway, I'm from Milan, I'm a music producer and I'd like to move to New Jersey to meet some artists I've met on the internet (they live in Long Branch/Monmouth county). My friends think I'm crazy to go to USA for people I've ever met without internet but I see this idea as an opportunity to catch my dream to become a professional producer (you know, Timbaland, Jay-Z...).

I know that without a green card I can't work legally and in fact I'll stay there about a month... actually I'd like to stay for a longer time but I haven't got enough money ...

Do you know something usefull about Long Branch or can you give me some advice to find a visa to work there?

I'd like also to know something more about the inscription to the green card lottery, it can be free or I have to pay on websites like USAFIS?

Goodbye
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,525,707 times
I lived in Long Branch when I went to school at the nearby college. There are some OK areas of Long Branch, and there are some scary areas of Long Branch.

I can recommend places to eat, things to see, etc, but as you're only staying for a month, are you planning to be in a hotel or do you already have living arrangments taken care of?

Old 10-01-2008, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,606 times
I did not planned very well... I'm searching for a small apartment but I didn't find anything good on the internet. My mom had some relatives over there but we can't find them and we don't even know if they still live there...

If you can recommend me something about Long Branch tell me everything

Start with the scary areas so I'll know where I don't have to go

Old 10-01-2008, 09:40 PM

1,462 posts, read 4,525,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Silvestri View Post
I did not planned very well... I'm searching for a small apartment but I didn't find anything good on the internet. My mom had some relatives over there but we can't find them and we don't even know if they still live there...

If you can recommend me something about Long Branch tell me everything

Start with the scary areas so I'll know where I don't have to go

Daniel, most rental agreements in America are very different than Europe and elsewhere. Most landlords expect you to stay for an entire year.

You will find it very difficult to find an apartment that you can stay at for just one month. Your best bet is to find a long-term stay hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey