Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:33 PM

4 posts, read 41,875 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what kind of neighborhood South Plainfield is. Is it safe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 03:39 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,183,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AishaPBJ View Post
it's a lower middle class area and is relatively safe, just stay away from plainfield

Old 06-03-2007, 01:21 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,290,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AishaPBJ View Post
South Plainfield right next to Edison and Piscataway, is a continue renovating nice place to live for past years, and here are some nice places to consider:

1. Highlands Apartment, brand new, upscale, with security entrance gate for parking lot right next to Fwy 287 exit.

2. Traditions condo/townhouse brand new community that Mayor of South Plainfield lived her, and many IT professionals working at Wall St live here, communiting to NYC thru Metuchen Train Station or Edison Train Stn.

3. South Plainfield has most part of Middlesex Mall and Hardley Center that Piscataway and Edison residents regularly visit. new Target, Bear Rock Cafe, No Sweat, LA Fitness Center, wonderful brand new Hampton Inn...

4. South Plainfield has a huge Hong Kong Supermarket, largest of its chain. Many people moved from Queens NY to here due to it.

5. South Plainfield has bigger house property than nearby town.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 27,716 times
Many people stray from S. Plainfield due to the intimidating "Plainfield" name. However, S. Plfd really isn't THAT bad. Recently, out of 238 NJ cities, South Plainfield was ranked #156 for crime (with No. Plainfield being 178 and Plainfield being 229) There really are no areas of great wealth, as opposed to neighboring Edison, Piscataway, and even the Sleepy Hollow section of Plainfield, but homes are still kept nice. But the Public schools in S. Plfd, from what I hear, are horrendous. Seems like cops are there on a regular basis.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,290,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRonXXX View Post
Many people stray from S. Plainfield due to the intimidating "Plainfield" name. However, S. Plfd really isn't THAT bad. Recently, out of 238 NJ cities, South Plainfield was ranked #156 for crime (with No. Plainfield being 178 and Plainfield being 229) There really are no areas of great wealth, as opposed to neighboring Edison, Piscataway, and even the Sleepy Hollow section of Plainfield, but homes are still kept nice. But the Public schools in S. Plfd, from what I hear, are horrendous. Seems like cops are there on a regular basis.
South Plainfield getting much better for past years. The cops there act preventively. e.g. I know some one from out of town was stopped by cops there at South Plainfield and found out she has dozen unpaid parking tickets for many years, she was sent in jail and need $500 to bail out.

The schools are getting much better too because many Indian and Chinese IT professionals moving in, and their kids normally would have after school supplement like Kumon Math, Kaplan ...etc. Besides, they participate in schools decision.

I was just having a lunch at Bear Rock Cafe at South Plainfield next to Regal Cinema and brand new Target at Hardley Center. I felt the area is booming and has lots of energy flooding in ...

Old 06-25-2007, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 24,735 times
The police are not there that often, I listen to a police scanner so I know. As far as the schools go, my kids have gone through the school system and I am pleased, not to mention I also went through this school system, it's just fine, the problem is idiots in the Board of ED!!

Old 06-26-2007, 06:36 AM

604 posts, read 2,904,411 times
If you consider yourself to be upper middle of even faux wealthy you are not going to be happy living in S. Plainfield. Go shopping there, get your car repaired or washed there but find another place to park your, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes Benz etc. etc.
E

Old 08-23-2007, 12:43 PM

21 posts, read 136,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRonXXX View Post
But the Public schools in S. Plfd, from what I hear, are horrendous. Seems like cops are there on a regular basis.
That is 100% true. last year 4 kids(13-15) tried to bring a fake gun into the middle school(the gun was one that is a high-end replica with no orange tip)and they are still in the school system. only one was expelled, all of the kids were "troubelmakers"and only 1 was expelled (from what i hear).

Old 09-18-2007, 03:41 PM

7 posts, read 88,522 times
That's my hometown, there are several nice areas there, not really any mansions, but they didn't even have apartments until more recently. School system was pretty good, never scared. Check it out and see for yourself. It's got a small town feel, many raising generations there. It's a perfect little suburban town if you want to be within an hour of New York City, Philadelphia, Beach, Malls, Snowboarding, etc. but it depends on what you're looking for.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:56 PM

315 posts, read 1,088,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
If you consider yourself to be upper middle of even faux wealthy you are not going to be happy living in S. Plainfield. Go shopping there, get your car repaired or washed there but find another place to park your, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes Benz etc. etc.
E
i am planning on moving there in july. does this mean i will have to sell my lexus? geez, i found that pretty condiscending. i don't consider myself anything but excited to have found a wonderful home, in a great area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey