Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2008, 08:54 PM

8 posts, read 28,775 times

Advertisements

Please advise me on a real estate attorney in NJ who is an expert on short sales. I am interested in a property in Old Bridge, NJ. All responses are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 06:50 AM

208 posts, read 852,741 times
Hi rtikekar. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to recommend who specializes in short sales, but I can give you the names of two attorneys to avoid in that general area. DM me for names, as I do not want to slander them on board.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:51 PM

37 posts, read 150,948 times
Two real estate attorneys well versed short sale you may want to consider...

Valerie Avrin @ 732-888-1202

Keith Arcamano @ 732-229-5515

Let me know if you need any other recommendations.

Best of luck,

Amber Noble-Garland

Old 12-22-2008, 11:08 PM

9 posts, read 25,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtikekar View Post
Please advise me on a real estate attorney in NJ who is an expert on short sales. I am interested in a property in Old Bridge, NJ. All responses are appreciated.
Whilst it is important to have an attorney who is versed in short sales, it is more important to ensure that the seller, the seller's agent, and the seller's attorney know what they are doing as your attorney on the buy end don't have too much different to do in a short sale situation. It is generally either the seller's Realtor or the sellers attorney that is doing all the paper shuffling and negotiating with the bank.

I have handled several dozen short sales and I also represent several banks in foreclosure sales as a Realtor. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:32 AM

364 posts, read 826,210 times
JConfalone,
How is short sale different from foreclosure from seller's side, if you don't mind me asking.

I see a lot of short sales in the market these days. Do you have any suggestions for short sale buyers?

Thanks,

Last edited by Delphi; 12-23-2008 at 10:50 AM..

Old 12-26-2008, 08:44 AM

37 posts, read 150,948 times
Default How is short sale different from foreclosure from seller's side, if you don't mind me asking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
JConfalone,
How is short sale different from foreclosure from seller's side, if you don't mind me asking.

I see a lot of short sales in the market these days. Do you have any suggestions for short sale buyers?

Thanks,

This is a very common question. A short sale is essentiall "pre-foreclosure." It's when a seller demonstrates a legitimate and documented financial hardship, and the bank potentially allows the seller to resell the property for a price that is less than what the seller actually owes the bank.

In terms of potential impact of a short sale on a seller's credit history, it will be noted on their credit report, but it often doesn't have the same impact as a full-blown foreclosure.

My advice to short sale buyers is to work with an agent who has previous experience repping sellers and/or buyers in short sales. This could give you a real "inside track" on how the process really goes.

Also, you should ask questions (if there's anything you don't understand) when you're buying a short sale...no question is a silly question.

Stay motivated,

Amber Noble-Garland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: