Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 06:41 AM

20 posts, read 58,192 times

Advertisements

I am planning to put my home office on the market but I am not sure who to list it with. I live in northwest Nj. Also I would like an agency that has a lower %. I also would like to know what the exit tax % is if I relocate out of state. I would love any information,Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 07:13 AM

526 posts, read 1,391,616 times
Your home office? Do you mean a home that you have your office in?

My advice to you would be to visit Google and do the following searches "your town name" nj real estate and "your town name" nj realtor replace the quotes and your town name with the actual town name of course. At least then you will get an idea of who is on the ball in your area, and likely getting a good share of the buyers visiting their website. Ignore the websites that are owned by the big brokerages, and only consider the individual agent websites, as that is who you will be hiring anyway, and individual.

Keep in mind that everyone thinks like you do "I would like an agency that has a lower %" but remember, it is not how much commission you pay, it is how much you walk away from the deal with. Also keep in mind that any REALTOR discount or otherwise can promise that they can get you any price, but the reality is that a property is only worth what a ready and willing buyer is willing to pay for it. Basically what I am trying to say is, one REALTOR saying they can get a higher price than another REALTOR does not at all tell you anything about the skill of that REALTOR. Also keep in mind the discount real estate companies can list your home, but can they sell it. Before Foxtons went out of business, their expiration of listings rate without selling was over 90%. Many discounters have similar rates now. The expiration rate without selling for my office is less than 10% and the rate for all of the full service brokers is under 25%.

So consider all of these things, and keep the ultimate goal in mind, that you want your property to first sell, and second you want to walk with a good amount of proceeds from the sale, and third does the % matter.

James Boyer

Old 10-15-2008, 07:16 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber3 View Post
I am planning to put my home office on the market but I am not sure who to list it with. I live in northwest Nj. Also I would like an agency that has a lower %. I also would like to know what the exit tax % is if I relocate out of state. I would love any information,Thanks.
Where in NW Jersey? And as James stated.. just an office? Or is this a single family home with an office??? I would also be careful with the lower percentage agencies... you will get more foot traffic offering more out to the agents. Just my 2 cents : )

Old 10-15-2008, 07:37 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
there is no exit tax

Old 10-15-2008, 08:33 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
there is no exit tax
Stop spreading lies- I believe the tax is up to 65% this year, isn't it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey