Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,523 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Northern New Jersey from TN. I am a 25 year old single female. I will be working in Paramus and Jersey City. Mainly in Paramus but my office will change to Jersey City for good in August. I will be bringing my car but I would prefer to only drive to work (this also means I will need parking). I'm not familiar with the areas. I am wanting a safe area with shops, bars and grocery that I can walk to. I am also wanting NYC transportation. I will not be working there but I want to have the option of taking public transportation over. I am wanting to rent and I am trying to stay under $1,200 for a 1 bedroom or a nicely sized studio. Thanks in advance for all your help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 01:27 PM

4 posts, read 5,287 times
Smile name of a town

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicks View Post
I am relocating to Northern New Jersey from TN. I am a 25 year old single female. I will be working in Paramus and Jersey City. Mainly in Paramus but my office will change to Jersey City for good in August. I will be bringing my car but I would prefer to only drive to work (this also means I will need parking). I'm not familiar with the areas. I am wanting a safe area with shops, bars and grocery that I can walk to. I am also wanting NYC transportation. I will not be working there but I want to have the option of taking public transportation over. I am wanting to rent and I am trying to stay under $1,200 for a 1 bedroom or a nicely sized studio. Thanks in advance for all your help!!!
Try some places in Nutley, NJ you can get to Paramus and NYC as well

Old 12-16-2008, 01:29 PM

4 posts, read 5,287 times
Also it is lose to get to Jersey city too!

Old 12-16-2008, 01:32 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,977,097 times
Driving to Paramus is fine, but you should seriously consider train or PATH service to Jersey City. It's a tough city to drive to and not easy to get around. Price could be an issue, but you might want to check out Hoboken too.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:37 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,058,166 times
Did you look at Bayonne? It's very small and I think the rents are in your price range. There's a train to take you in to JC or NYC otherwise, it's a very short drive to both (depending on the time of day of course).

I used to live there and loved it.... still have family there and they love it. We never had a problem with crime there as well.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:09 PM

10 posts, read 44,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicks View Post
Try Continental Gardens in River Edge. River Edge is a nice quaint town and borders Paramus. The rent is within your range, the apartments are well managed, and you are within walking distance to the train and bus stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey