U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 01:46 PM

1,171 posts, read 3,057,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Great advice... I grew up in RP in a two-family and it enabled my parents to be very well-off later in life. Very smart advice during this economic time.
The original post said "rent" as opposed to "buy", thus my comments.

As far as difference between the 2 family and a complex -- to each their own. That's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors, LOL. I wouldn't stereotype the type of people living in any of the apartment complexes in RP. They aren't an attraction for crime or a bad element of people as they aren't inexpensive by any means. The complexes I referred to have pools, playgrounds, etc. and I know some young families as well as singles and couples live there. The 2 family environment has great benefits as well and neither is right or wrong -- it's personal preference.

There are always several 2 family (or 3+) houses for rent. As I said, the town has a large # of them. Some are up-down, some are back-front, and so on. Look around. It's a nice little town.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 02:44 PM

5,617 posts, read 14,884,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
The original post said "rent" as opposed to "buy", thus my comments.

As far as difference between the 2 family and a complex -- to each their own. That's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors, LOL. I wouldn't stereotype the type of people living in any of the apartment complexes in RP. They aren't an attraction for crime or a bad element of people as they aren't inexpensive by any means. The complexes I referred to have pools, playgrounds, etc. and I know some young families as well as singles and couples live there. The 2 family environment has great benefits as well and neither is right or wrong -- it's personal preference.

There are always several 2 family (or 3+) houses for rent. As I said, the town has a large # of them. Some are up-down, some are back-front, and so on. Look around. It's a nice little town.
my mistake for lumping all apartment complexes into a bad catagory!! I agree with you too!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:27 PM

8 posts, read 50,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashmi_hv View Post
Hello,

I am moving to New Jersey. I have few questions about Ridgefield Park NJ

I grew up in RP and although I moved away 8 years ago, I have been back a few times and not much has really changed in that time.

0. How is this area in terms of safety. Myself and my 6 yr old daughter are going to stay most of the times. My husband will be travelling on weekdays.

I would say that RP is a very safe town and you wouldn't have much to worry about.

1. Which are the good apartment complexes in this area. I am looking for the rental range from 950 to 1100.

Not sure what prices are but like another poster said there are two-family houses all over RP. Off the top of my head, there are some older apt buildings that might not be as nice (2nd and Central, 8th and Central, Main St and Hackensack Ave, ) but it's been years since I have been in any of them so there could have been improvements made.

2. How long does it take to commute to Port Authority from Ridgefield Park NJ by NJ Transit bus/train..

I would say about 40-45 minutes by bus. Majority pick up along Main st. No train.

3. Howz Indian community over there.. Also would like to know what the options for grocery (any walmart, target, shoprite, Indian grocery store - and how far it is?)

I would say there isn't an Indian community but there are Indians living in RP. It's not like you would feel like you were the only ones in town. There was a time when they renovated the old Rialto theatre (10 years ago) on Main st and were only showing Indian movies. There used to be a line of 500 people around the block to get in. RP has the basic stores but if you're looking for more of a "big-box" store then I think the closest would be right on river rd in Hackensack.

4. Howz the public transport over there?

I would say that if you're going into the PA for work everyday, then there is nothing to worry about and you would actually be in a nice spot.

5. What are the option (other neighbouring cities) near by with good elementry school and easy commute to NYC Port authority.

Don't know much about the schools but I lived in some decent garden apartments on Shaler Blvd in Ridgefield. Real easy commute into PA.

Thanks, Rash..
gl

Old 10-23-2008, 06:55 PM

543 posts, read 1,409,431 times
Oh, one other thing, RP has the best 4th of July parade ever.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:51 PM

7 posts, read 22,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashmi_hv View Post
Hello,

I am moving to New Jersey. I have few questions about Ridgefield Park NJ

0. How is this area in terms of safety. Myself and my 6 yr old daughter are going to stay most of the times. My husband will be travelling on weekdays.
1. Which are the good apartment complexes in this area. I am looking for the rental range from 950 to 1100.
2. How long does it take to commute to Port Authority from Ridgefield Park NJ by NJ Transit bus/train..
3. Howz Indian community over there.. Also would like to know what the options for grocery (any walmart, target, shoprite, Indian grocery store - and how far it is?)
4. Howz the public transport over there?
5. What are the option (other neighbouring cities) near by with good elementry school and easy commute to NYC Port authority.

Thanks, Rash..
Did u manage to find any good place there??What about the indian community there??Any advice regarding this will be helpful.Thank you.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,278 times
hi i like to know how is 5th st by railroad av i like one house there thanks

Old 08-18-2010, 04:39 PM

160 posts, read 232,435 times
RP all the way..Nutley...nawww*

Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Mej

24 posts, read 52,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brij View Post
Did u manage to find any good place there??What about the indian community there??Any advice regarding this will be helpful.Thank you.

Ridgefield Park is a safe, quiet town that still has "Main Street, USA" character to it. It's amazing the town has been able to preserve itself (for the most part) for so many years!

About the Indian community --- there is no "community" there. It's not like Edison or Iselin, where there are many sections that are heavily Indian, with Indian shops, restaurants, etc.

If you are looking to move to RP, you will find some Indian families scattered throughout the town.

Reading the wishes on this board of those seeking Indian communities...I believe there are only 2 options in NJ for you:

1. Towns that have some Indian families (most of North and Central NJ is like this).
2. Heavy Indian-populated towns (Edison, Iselin, Jersey City)

If you want a real Indian community, you will have to go with Option 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey