Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 PM

14 posts, read 49,104 times

Advertisements

I live in NYC now, but spent several years in South Florida and want to head back to the beach. Thinking of Sea Bright, Atlantic Highlands, etc. Single man so need to worry about schools. Want someplace high end, on or near the beach, close to some night life, yet quick access to the ferries. Could do a house, condo, or townhouse.

Thinking of Sea Bright, Rumson, Atlantic Highlands.

Recommendations??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 04:27 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Angler View Post
I live in NYC now, but spent several years in South Florida and want to head back to the beach. Thinking of Sea Bright, Atlantic Highlands, etc. Single man so need to worry about schools. Want someplace high end, on or near the beach, close to some night life, yet quick access to the ferries. Could do a house, condo, or townhouse.

Thinking of Sea Bright, Rumson, Atlantic Highlands.

Recommendations??
Of the three mentioned Sea Bright is right on the Ocean and has three or four bar restaurants. Atlantic Highlands is on the bayshore side and Rumson which is the nicest of the 3 is next to Sea Bright but you must go over a bridge to get to the ocean. If you want high end Rumson will accomodate you, closest to beach Sea Bright.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:20 AM

687 posts, read 3,251,472 times
What Jersey Man said. You can take the ferry downtown from Belford, or if you want a really high end commute, lots of Rumson types take helicopters from Sea Bright.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:51 AM

33 posts, read 78,065 times
Also look at Monmouth Beach. Its a little town, but its right next to Sea Bright. Some nice houses and its right on the water. As far as nightlife, there are a couple of bars in Sea Bright and a little ways down in Long Branch there is "Avenue" which is a really high end fancy place.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:27 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,525,377 times
If you're lucky you'll be able to join one of the beach clubs there. Then it won't matter how close to the ocean you live, you'll have lunch and drinks at the club.... It's divine. My mother in law belonged to a beautiful one. People will sell their souls to the devil to join.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
If you're lucky you'll be able to join one of the beach clubs there. Then it won't matter how close to the ocean you live, you'll have lunch and drinks at the club.... It's divine. My mother in law belonged to a beautiful one. People will sell their souls to the devil to join.
Are they very difficult to join? Or just expensive?

Old 10-24-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Are they very difficult to join? Or just expensive?
Both. Our club has a waiting list that's closed, it is so long.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
Hmmmm. Are any of the public beaches nice?

Old 10-24-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
What's the annual cost?

Old 10-24-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
What's the annual cost?
DH's grandmother pays for most of it , so I'm not certain, but I think it is around $6000 for the cabana, and around $2500 for the locker. Six adults can be in the cabana, and two adults, two children in the locker. Then our daughter is an extra added on, but she's only $150.

Quote:
Hmmmm. Are any of the public beaches nice?
Honestly, I don't know. I didn't grow up in NJ, and our beach club is the only beach I've ever been to here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey