Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 09:46 PM

10 posts, read 11,203 times

Advertisements

Wife and I are considering renting in Rutherford. The unit is a floor in a 2 family home and we will not have access to the driveway :-(. The unit is walkable to bus stop for 190 and we both commute to work in NYC so no worries about work commute. But we have 2 cars. I know Rutherford has alternate side cleaning twice a week. Is it feasible to keep 2 cars parked on the street in Rutherford? Or is this a recipe for insanity and a twice a week fight to the death for limited street parking where we will be constantly faced with having to choose between driving to the gym or keeping a parking spot? Kept a car in NYC before and it was hell, never want to live like that again. Any info about the relative difficulty of street parking in Rutherford would be much appreciated. The unit is NOT in a part of town where you need a parking permit and I have no issues walking a few blocks to my car if needed. Am I being paranoid or should this be a legit concern?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 05:46 AM

bump

Old 04-26-2017, 07:42 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,241,123 times
Have you driven around the neighborhood to see what parking is like? Side street parking is tighter if you're closer to the train station. I don't live in Rutherford itself but my impression when I pass through the town is that there are a fair amount of cars at any time on the street, though I don't have a reason to go into the more residential areas often. Parking could very well be easier the further away from the downtown area. It's better to have a dedicated parking space though. Those rental apartments on Union ave usually have at least 1 that goes with the apartment.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:13 AM

Thanks for the response. It is not very close to the train station/center of the town, we will be driving around this week at different times of day to check. Hopefully its not crazy like NYC or Hoboken.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:49 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,241,123 times
No it's nowhere near that tight... just have to pay attention to the street signs.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:06 AM

Great. Thanks for confirming, appreciate it more than you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey