Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

3 bedroom house for rent with superintendent job, kid friendly area, good schools, low crime

Old 02-17-2007, 11:16 AM

5 posts, read 37,847 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I currently live in westfield and need to move asap! I have lived here in the same place for 16 yrs.. I have 2 children 15,17, yrs old. I have to say That I've been blessed!!! They are great students 1 in honor's 3 classes and the other in Votech (Vocational school) As well as in high school..
Not only the fact that they have great grades but they keep busy and stay out of trouble.. Anyways My story.. My landlord has gotten to the point where he can no longer function and his kids have taken over the property
which is ok with me, I know its just buisness..They want a substantial amount of money to live here because they are going to work on the house and raise the rent another 1000.00 dollars for a 2 br. very very small place .
I currently pay 1000.00 now ..since I can't afford an additional 1000.00 dollars Right now I have to move!! I am looking for a 3 br. because as it is I moved here when the kids were little to put them in a very good school system Because it meant more to me that they should have the best education!! I am married
29 yrs My husband and I are very good together He has been out of work due to illness but he is already back on his feet! When we moved here it was nice to at least be able to afford this place having only 2 br. So we had the kids in 1 room at first but when they started getting older we gave up our bedroom so they could have thier own rooms they deserve thier own space..
We sleep in the living rm although it looks like a living rm because we would just use a fold up bed ..We did this for them and believe me it has paid off! as a result we have 2 very nice caring kids!! Our delihma is that we dont have much time to find an affordable place to live in a short period of time .. finding a 3 br house to rent or even maybe a SuperIntendent 3br apartment with storage.. My husband is a very handy person who can
fix alot .. if anyone out there even knows anyone that is looking for someone to work as a superintendent in the area that would be great!! He can do almost any kind of repairs he also does roof repairs guttercleaning repairs framing sheetrock you name it he can do it, and if he can't do it he makes sure he consults with the proper people for proper procedure on whatever it may be . He has also done alot of work off punchlist for condo's etc. he been doing all phases of residential work for over 25 yrs.. so anyone out here reading this know that we are looking for a 3br house to rent /or 3 brd apt in a nice area kid friendly good school and low crime if possible If you need more information please send me a private message or just post it !!sorry so long.. But thank you to all in advance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 02:55 PM

4 posts, read 29,201 times
HI, I am unsure of what the law says, but I believe that the landlord CAN NOT increase the rent by 100% Take a look....

Old 02-19-2007, 06:27 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,805 times
Default To where?

I may have missed something so my question is: What town(s) or area are you looking to move to? If your kids are in HS then do you want them to stay in the same HS? Please give us a little more information and I'm sure you'll find a great place to rent.
  • What's your price range, pets, bathrooms, parking, towns? Utilities?
  • Many potential Landlords will want to do a credit check on you to protect themselves. Is that agreeable?
Thanks & good luck-

Old 02-19-2007, 06:46 AM

17 posts, read 73,445 times
I see alot of ads for "couple wanted" for superintendent positions, free rent, would be good for ya'll - I understand you want to abandon the apt as even if its not "legal" for rent increase, it causes strain on relationship w landlord and may be better to leave before you are kicked out and lose deposit, etc

Old 03-07-2007, 01:08 PM

11 posts, read 42,539 times
I rent a couple of properties. I would never rent more than 5 because I would then have to follow state law. If a landlor has less than six units he can pretty much due what he/she wants. (as wrong as some people may be)

Old 03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,599 times
Hi, if you live in Westfield, then you are familiar with surrounding areas. Go on "Forsalebyowner.com" and "realtor.com" and do your own research on what's available on the market. Find the zip code (in front of phone books) you are interested in and do an "advanced search" in different areas. Specify #of br/baths and how much you want to pay. No need to call a broker any longer.
Try "craigslist.com" for a job search. easy site to maneuver. Good luck, and don't forget to pray!

Old 04-01-2007, 08:07 PM

5 posts, read 37,847 times
Hello To all who replied!!
sorry I havent been on for a while .. I am now in a hotel very unsuccessful
in finding a place to live thats affordable.. I want to thank all you for your responses! I am still looking for a 3br house to rent from about 1100.00 to 1200.00 closer to the shore.since its been so hard to find anything around the areas I looked in like the surrounding areas in union county.. I figured I should just move a little further south..its been really hard to living this way!!
I have been getting no where..I dont have good credit only because I never had a major credit card. which without great credit it only makes it harder for people to rent to you ..My mistake was that we never had to sign a lease because at that time we made a deal we could move in without security as longs as if anything needs to be replaced we would fix it ..and we did always!! so like I said the lanlord had gotten to sick and couldnt make decisions anymore the kids took over and treated us like who cares.. just be out in such and such time ..like it didnt matter that we always paid and took care of the house so we couldnt do anything about it!!
of course we have learned a valuable lesson.. I am wondering if anyone in middlesex county or monmouth, ocean county is looking for a good family to rent to? mostly all the places we looked at are way to small and I feel if we have to pay a higher rent and looking for a new place we really need our own bedroom ..and more storage !! The last place had no closets we could never use the yard without the lanlords friends driving thier trucks in and out using the yard to store all thier junk !! when it came to a nice day for the kids to go outside and play or have a small birthday party they would be in and out so we really never enjoyed peace and quiet ..since that was something that was never told to us that this would be happening while we lived there.. anyways getting back to still looking for a 3br house to rent maybe even with the option to buy would be nice. like I said we are pretty handy and if there's anyone out there who is looking to rent to good people shoot me an email.. Thanks again.. P.S. would like to rent asap .we also need ample parking for 3 cars..

Last edited by frstlexus1; 04-01-2007 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: missed a sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey