Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 AM

6 posts, read 31,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawriter View Post
I recall it well. In 1969, I was a member of a band called the Uncharted Bus. We played at the Choo Choo Club. Playing there was a pain, because the stage was behind the bar and we had to lift our equipment over the bar to set up. But I have fond memories of the place, overall.
A Pain ? Your lucky you got to appear at the CCC,you have any Idea how many organized bands lifted equiptment including Countless Hammond B3 organs,Sal was very particular who played there so grateful he must of liked your band.😎😎😎😎
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 02:24 PM

6 posts, read 31,047 times
Default Spin cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
Does anyone recall or remember Club Anthony (aka Choo Choo Club)?

Passaic St. across from corner of Midland Ave (1 way section) and Passaic St. next to the RR tracks/trestle? Near the Garfield train stop. An empty lot sits there now.

Supposedly IIRC the club was in its prime in the mid-late 70s and then ended in early-mid 80s?

Anyone recall or any recollections?
The club was in its prime from 1961- 1971you have your dates wrong.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,750 times
Played at the Choo-Choo Club with Joel Grey and the Gyros. I was the singer who was swinging and singing on the trapeze hanging from the ceiling behind the bar. Great Club and great owner!!

Old 09-04-2016, 06:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,638 times
Played at the Choo-Choo Club as the drummer with the Ragged Ones in 1967 or '68.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,439 times
I played the Choo Choo club around 1964. I was the keyboard player (wurlitzer elc piano .. not too heavy) with a group called, "The Jokers Four". We wee one of the only groups around who covered BOTH, the 4 Season AND the Beach Boys. All four of us sang and played ... guitar, elec bass, keyboard & drums. Tony Russamano Johnny, myself Gary Knight and John Kelly were members. It was a fun gig and a very unusual place and a strange location for sure!

Old 05-02-2020, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,065 times
I played at the Choo Choo Club with Shadowfax. We were a 7 piece horn band and played 6 nights a week in 1970-71? I believe Johnny Ferarro was the manager. Lots of great memories!

Old 07-05-2020, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 2,439 times
Default No Interupptions as I remember!

I don't remember being interuppted by a train signal or whistle. Gary Knight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey