Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 11:37 AM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Mayor Roberts screwed up the town and now taxes are going sky high. I will guess that some of these condo buildings will convert to rentals.
Obsolutely. My old building on Adams was rental when I was there. They completely renovated it and converted into condos. Sold less than 1% of apartments and converetd back to rentals.

Good Luck in your new place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 03:50 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,271,633 times
You're too old for Hoboken anyway Hoboken Guy. Welcome to my neighborhood, it's sort of on the edge of Van Vorst Park, right Near Liberty Harbor. It's a great area.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:19 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,493 times
Quote:
I got word that Applied is STILL raising rents 7-10% across the board for this years lease renewals throughout the Boken
Wait, Hoboken doesn't have rent control laws similar to JC's? In JC, they can only raise your rent something like 3% every two years.
Quote:
I get an 800 sf loft with parking and cable, phone, and internet for 8,200 less per year than my studio here on River Street.
Man, that should be close to $0.00 per year for me, lol.
Quote:
Does anyone know the name of that neighborhood? I am guessing it's the fringe of Paulus Hook or Van Vorst Park? The building is located on Grand between Jersey and Barrow next to the hospital.
Well, most folks would have considered it part of downtown, although with all the new development going on by the marina, it's probably going to end up being considered a different neighborhood. I walk by your place all the time. Wave to me if you see me. I also eat at the Brownstone Diner right there on Jersey and Grand frequently.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I'll keep a lookout for ya JCGUY. Your in downtown JC, I don't think that particular area has a mini name. Good luck. Just be careful in the Pathmark area on Grand St. Lots of undesirables roaming the parking lot.
I go through that parking lot a lot . . . although based on the looks I get from some women I pass, I guess I'm an undesirable, too.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
lol, I actually get my adult beverages from the liquor store on the corner of that PathMark shopping center. Outstanding prices, but you're correct with the people that wander that parking lot. shay-dee!
There's a great liquor store on Jersey . . . a block or so north of the library. Not sure how the prices compare, but they've got a great beer selection for one. That's the place I usually go.

Last edited by Tungsten_Udder; 10-30-2008 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: I'm the Typo King

Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times
Quote:
The only thing edgy about the Boken now is if someone dares to live in a walk-up. This town jumped the shark a few years back.
LOL - I have a friend in a rent control walk up that is just the deal of the century. But 5 floor walk up - saves on fitness club bills anyway!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey