Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 AM

4 posts, read 30,529 times

Advertisements

I just moved into the brick area, off of jack martin blvd, between 88 and 70. The neighborhood is really very nice, nice houses, nice people, form what ive seen so far.

However, I have noticed some really seedy areas my real estate agent neglected to point out to me.

I have a 10 month old and my wife likes to get out and do things with him alone, and im a bit nervous.

Can anyone tell me where NOT to go in this area? I am a bit sceptical of RT88, once you hit lakewood, towards Ocean COutny park, it seems a bit shady. Also, on the other side of 70 on jack martin, there is a trailer park, and that area seems a bit shady.

The stores on chambers bridge and brick blvd off of 70 all seem fine areas for her to go, but im not too sure. I thought i moved into the safest town in the country, but they neglect to say it is bordered by one of the unsafest in lakewood...

just looking for some boundaries so i can make sure my wife and child dont get lost in the wrong places..

THANKS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 02:10 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,474,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Mike View Post
I just moved into the brick area, off of jack martin blvd, between 88 and 70. The neighborhood is really very nice, nice houses, nice people, form what ive seen so far.

However, I have noticed some really seedy areas my real estate agent neglected to point out to me.

I have a 10 month old and my wife likes to get out and do things with him alone, and im a bit nervous.

Can anyone tell me where NOT to go in this area? I am a bit sceptical of RT88, once you hit lakewood, towards Ocean COutny park, it seems a bit shady. Also, on the other side of 70 on jack martin, there is a trailer park, and that area seems a bit shady.

The stores on chambers bridge and brick blvd off of 70 all seem fine areas for her to go, but im not too sure. I thought i moved into the safest town in the country, but they neglect to say it is bordered by one of the unsafest in lakewood...

just looking for some boundaries so i can make sure my wife and child dont get lost in the wrong places..

THANKS!!!!!
In Brick itself, I don't think there's any outright horrible places to be. As long as you stay out of the seedier residential areas, you won't have a problem. Public places are fine in Brick, though.

The Brick Plaza area is perfectly safe. I go there on a regular basis and never have had trouble or seen anything remotely resembling it.

I can't tell you a lot about Lakewood because I don't have reason to go there. Once you get closer to Route 9, be careful. I wouldn't want to get caught there after dark.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:55 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,040,454 times
Lakewood isn't that bad, but compared to Brick it could certainly seems so. Honestly there is nothing in Lakewood anyway so I can't imagine why you would want to go there at all, much less at night. Stay in Brick and you will be fine, you could walk around Brick at 2am and no harm would come to you. If you want to venture out of town for shopping, etc., you could go to Point Pleasant, Howell, Wall, Freehold, Long Branch, etc.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:59 PM

4 posts, read 15,455 times
Any of the shopping areas are fine. If your wife wants to go to the park (when its nicer) I would suggest Winward Beach off Princeton Ave. Beautiful park and has a beach. Also if your wife is looking for things to do I suggest she looks into the Mothers Center of Jersey Shore which I belong to. Its a non profit organization for moms and their kids. There are many activities schedules throughout the month that she can pick and choose. Its a great way to meet other moms.
Good Luck

Old 02-21-2007, 12:55 PM

244 posts, read 1,048,578 times
We're down in Brick all the time (I have two little ones), and it's very safe (within reason of course, always need to be alert). It's very family oriented now, it used to be a lot more rural.

Lots of shopping, mommy and me activities, little parks, etc. Hope you enjoy your new home.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:24 PM

4 posts, read 30,529 times
Thanks everyone!!!

Seems a lot nicer when its 58 degrees rather than 10...

Thanks again!

Old 06-13-2011, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,241 times
I'll take Lakewood over Prick anytime. Despite some of its shadier characteristics, Lakewood feels like an authentic town. It's commercial core still has sidewalks with numerous storefronts and a great diversity of people. It has many old structures and boasts character.
Prick on the other hand is a traffic infested, strip mall after strip mall, chain-store, fast-food, ****hole! Year-round traffic jams, no sidewalks in many places, bicycle unfriendly (and unsafe). The land-use planners deserve a jail sentence for the ****-poor job they did with Prick. How can anyone enjoy a place that is the modernized version of Fritz Lang's Metropolis?The best thing that could happen to Prick would be a tornado. Then they could build it (or not build it) better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey