Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 01:11 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,188,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joer View Post
There are plenty of good kids in town that go to the schools and who have moved on to good high schools. Okay, there is no actual independent middle school, irrelevant to me...grades 6 thru 8 do exist. You must be one of those people in town that talk quite a bit about improving the schools, yet send or sent your kids to private schools. Gotta love the support, you would think we live in Newark not Atl Highlands.
The fact that there are plenty of good kids who went on to better HS means little, and it doesn't alter the fact that you posted bad info about there being a middle school.
I don't grasp the newark comment and it one thing to be supportive and another to be a blind sycophant.

you bet I didn't send my kids to a substandard school run by people with little inclination to improve their standing.
you only get one shot to educate your children properly and the AH schools are not up to the task, I don't experiment with something that has that much importance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 03:56 PM

82 posts, read 109,144 times
It all starts in the home buddy. Do you think every successful person in this country went to top tier schools? The level of competition with regard to schools, grades, sports, etc nowadays is sickening.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
It all starts in the home buddy. Do you think every successful person in this country went to top tier schools? The level of competition with regard to schools, grades, sports, etc nowadays is sickening.
sickening it might be but if you fail to compete, you might get left behind. I'm glad you're satisfied with the AH schools, keep talking it up

Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 PM

3 posts, read 21,663 times
Default I know of a great Place for you if still interested

I was scrolling around on NJville.com and found this listing.

Historic 5 bedroom House Central Air + More

visit this link for the details - NJville.com/category.php?id=23679

Good Luck

Last edited by NewJerseyGuy; 05-30-2007 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: this is the link : http://njville.com/category.php?id=23679

Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 AM

If you ever took off your rose colored glasses, you would have realized that I don't talk them up. Just trying to keep things real, the schools aren't half as bad as people make them. With that being said....keep reading your statistics.

There's an old saying.....Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully considered what they do not say.

It seems as if you use statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts - for support rather than for illumination.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
If you ever took off your rose colored glasses, you would have realized that I don't talk them up. Just trying to keep things real, the schools aren't half as bad as people make them. With that being said....keep reading your statistics.

There's an old saying.....Do not put your faith in what statistics say until you have carefully considered what they do not say.

It seems as if you use statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts - for support rather than for illumination.
so you want to start with ad hominem attacks, eh? I tried to disengage politely but like the typical clam digger, you had to make a moronic post

here's my take, the schools suck because the administrators suck and because many of the kids come from low class families whose parents don't do a decent job of parenting and because of people like you who accept mediocrity as normal, and ignore the warnings and alerts by the performance of thekids on the state tests, scores show that the 4th grade math levels are way below average, but morons like you just try to ignore the results and instead of demanding that the school do a better job, you swallow the excuses that get more creative year in and year out.

The schools are only as good as the people who run them and the people who use them, here's an old saying for you to chew on, SH*T in SH*T out, to put it another way you can't change a leopard's spots, one of the biggest problems with the school is that it is run by products of the same school system. Another issue is that the building itself is over 75 years old, and I don't care how many millions of dollars they squander on renovations, the place is still old and dungeon like.
Their education emphasis is way out of whack, they put more effort into their music program but the kids are way below the state averages in math and slightly below in english and science.

I've lived in AH for 25 years, the schools have always sucked and anyone who could afford it sent their kids to private school while those who couldn't afford to escape from the bad schools made moronic statements like they're our schools and you should support them and the schools aren't that bad and the kids are nice and the teachers are nice and the building is so nice, and the test scores don't mean anything other assorted crapola.

So you keep believing the BS about the schools and send your kids there because as they say the world always needs ditch diggers and kitchen workers

Old 05-31-2007, 09:57 AM

For your information:

1) I have the ability to send my kids wherever I choose.

2) I don't have any kids.

With your last comment, you really must think who the hell you are. Do us both a favor, don't ever respond to one of my posts again and I will gladly do the same.

Last edited by joer; 05-31-2007 at 10:11 AM..

Old 05-31-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
For your information:

1) I have the ability to send my kids wherever I choose.

2) I don't have any kids.

With your last comment, you really must think who the hell you are. Do us both a favor, don't ever respond to one of my posts again and I will gladly do the same.
1. who cares what you have?

2. the fact that you don't have kids explains your complete lack of insight regarding the schools in AH and the many problems therein.

3. Unlike you I know what I'm talking about, you didn't even know there wasn't a middle school.

4. the world will be a better place when fools like you stop posting half baked ideas and comments that are backed up with little knowledge, facts and intelligence. If you want to post, don't post inaccurate info and you won't go down in flames like you have here

5. some advice, don't pick fights on the Internet with people who have a much better handle on the subject at hand than you do.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:51 AM

Sure thing, Mr. I Know It All................

You care by implying only people that don't have money send their kids to public schools. That's a generalization and moronic to say the least. However, it sums you up.

2. the fact that you don't have kids explains your complete lack of insight regarding the schools in AH and the many problems therein.

My neighbors have kids that go to both public and private schools. I happen to have insight from both parties.

3. Unlike you I know what I'm talking about, you didn't even know there wasn't a middle school.

Don't you always know what your talking about.

4. the world will be a better place when fools like you stop posting half baked ideas and comments that are backed up with little knowledge, facts and intelligence. If you want to post, don't post inaccurate info and you won't go down in flames like you have here

The only thing half baked is your brain.

5. some advice, don't pick fights on the Internet with people who have a much better handle on the subject at hand than you do.

Again, you have a better handle on every subject than anyone else.

In summary, I should have listened to the old saying that I posted about you once before, and I surely will from here on in..

“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him”

Old 05-31-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Sure thing, Mr. I Know It All................

You care by implying only people that don't have money send their kids to public schools. That's a generalization and moronic to say the least. However, it sums you up.

My neighbors have kids that go to both public and private schools. I happen to have insight from both parties.

Don't you always know what your talking about.

The only thing half baked is your brain.

Again, you have a better handle on every subject than anyone else.

In summary, I should have listened to the old saying that I posted about you once before, and I surely will from here on in..

“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him”
when you can't argue the facts attack the other person, see ya around, you low life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey