Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:23 PM

142 posts, read 212,199 times

Advertisements

Bergen County, NJ is the richest, nicest, best, great, wonderful county in USA after Orange County, CA.

Everything is here, 5 million malls, food, big houses etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 03:38 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryoyo View Post
Bergen County, NJ is the richest, nicest, best, great, wonderful county in USA after Orange County, CA.

overcrowded, high tax, no trees, no land with big houses on tiny plots, sounds great to me? Noway! Lived in Bergen County for too long, Northern Bergen County and glad to be out. Ohh and all those great chains, umm that real gourmet for you!!!

Now the real rich are in Northern Somerset County and thats the best place in NJ!! Big Houses with Big Land, Good food no Chains, and no shopping malls!!! Its great! The exact opposite of Bergen County BUT DONT LET THE SECRET OUT then it will become Chilis, no land, and high tax!! SHHHHHHH It will be destroyed like Bergen County shhhhhhhhh dont let the secret out!! Bergen County used to be really nice, its destroyed! They built on every space possible. Love those yummy chains with Sysco food! Umm yummy just the though of reconstituted meat ummm!!

Last edited by stevemorse; 10-31-2008 at 03:57 PM..

Old 10-31-2008, 04:22 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,134 times
Lol...........

Old 10-31-2008, 04:59 PM

792 posts, read 3,136,508 times
My one buddy says Wall Street DESTROYED bergen county and that was before 9/11 happened.
I sort of agree w/him.

bergen county was a GREAT PLACE to grow up, play sports in jr. hs and hs. great memories. It's a nice place to visit but IMO nowadays is proximate to nicer places: parts of Rockland, Westchester, western Essex, and Morris Counties.

For a good rundown and flavor of Bergen County read Wayne Chrebet's book Every Down, Every Distance. A LOT of reflections on Bergen Co., esp. with Tuna.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:50 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times
richest & annoying -

Old 10-31-2008, 08:17 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Quote:

Do you have to try very hard to start endless annoying posts or does it just come naturally to you?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:03 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Do you have to try very hard to start endless annoying posts or does it just come naturally to you?
i'm surprised he didn't say "bestest", lol

Old 11-01-2008, 08:15 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,360,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i'm surprised he didn't say "bestest", lol
While he didn't do that, he did forget to say "greatest" - since he was talking about the superiority of one county. BUT - I did LOL @ your/UK's statements.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:16 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,360,499 times
and who would have thought....Bergen has FOOD. really? wow.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:15 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:

well I moved to north jersey this summer. drove to Paramus and Saddle River a couple times. I certainly believe it's the richest and beautiful but is it that great? I like malls and see there are a million stores, many I never ever need to go to. If everyone was like me those stores would be out of business. But I do like malls, eating out, and movies.

I went on a Sunday early afternoon around 2pm to these "great" malls. I was disappointed. Why are malls closed on Sunday? And are they really malls? What's the definition of a mall? To me it's 1 or 2 big roofs with a bunch of stores within and a foodcourt. Went to "Garden State plaza" thinking it was gonna be like nice like "Jersey Gardens". I did see a huge parking lot, theater, macys, some seafood stuff, bestbuy, but was there a mall under that roof? I couldnt tell because the Macy's [i think it was macys] door was locked despite the cars there, i guess were for some party nextdoor. I wonder why is the parking lot so huge when there's nothing there? So then I went to "Paramus mall" maybe 4 miles. It was closed and dead as a doornail. So went to Bergen mall forgetting that it's under construction. I duno, in south jersey there's also a million shopping centers camden/gloucester county and they're actually open on Sunday. Houses are just as big but for half the price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey