U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 07:35 PM

9 posts, read 26,490 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Plainsboro, NJ at the end of the month. My pooch will be adjusting to apartment living for the first time, and I'm hoping to find some fun places to frequent with him. I'm looking for dog parks, hiking trails, training facilities, whatever you can think of. He's a young, active dog and will need some space to stretch his legs. Thanks for any tips, my boy will GREATLY appreciate it!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 PM

875 posts, read 1,974,392 times
Community Park off Dey Rd. Also Morris Davidson Park on Plainsboro Rd. Check out the hiking/walking/bike trail along Plainsboro Pond behind the apt complexes. Overall a great place to live!

Old 11-02-2008, 08:47 PM

208 posts, read 784,811 times
There's the Plainsboro Preserve. I'm not sure if they allow dogs or not though so I'll look into it, but it's got some nice trails and scenery.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:28 PM

1,185 posts, read 3,708,673 times
Definitely Community Park is a great option for dogs. Also good is a run down Schalks Crossing Road and around the Forestal Center.

No pets are permitted the Plainsboro Preserve (see bottom of linked page)

NJAS: Plainsboro Preserve

Old 11-02-2008, 09:48 PM

2,893 posts, read 7,909,597 times
dogmom, Firstly, welcome to the area!
There is a dog park right in Plainsboro in Community Park on Scotts Corner Rd.

Township of Plainsboro - Parks & Recreation (http://www.plainsboronj.com/parks_rec_main.html - broken link)

There are also dog parks in nearby West Windsor (Community Park on Rt 571) and in Hamilton at Veterns Park. Rocky Top Dog Park is just north of Princeton on Rte 27-
Rocky Top Dog Park, New Jersey, NJ (http://www.rockytopdogpark.com/rtdpfles/rtdphome.htm - broken link)

Mercer County Park is not far from Plainsboro and is a huge park with walking trails, a large lake and wooded areas, great for long treks with your pup.

We are a very pet friendly area.
Again..Welcome!

Old 11-03-2008, 07:21 AM

24,661 posts, read 35,589,232 times
Welcome to the area. Lots of places to walk the dog.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:36 AM

9 posts, read 26,490 times
Thanks for all your suggestions. Seems my pup and I will have plenty to keep us busy!! I guess the only thing missing is where do people go for training? I'd love to pick up an agility class while we're in the area... and some upper level (Utility) obedience would be great too!

Old 11-09-2008, 09:31 AM

2,893 posts, read 7,909,597 times
dogmom-
You could try Golden Grange Kennels in Chesterfield (a 20 minute trip down 295).

Golden Grange Kennels

He comes highly recommended in our area (we have never used him).
He has a large facility and does advanced training and agility training (I think).
Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey