U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 03:46 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,254,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i would kill for wegman's. as far as a&p and shoprite, i was loyal shoprite until they pissed me off. i switched to a&p and was PLEASANTLY surprised to find out I spend less. I would've bet every last penny they were more expensive. bottom line, their sales are better than SR, and if you basically only shop sales like me, you'll do better with a&p than shoprite. (i have the spreadsheet with savings in raw numbers and percentages as proof, lol)
What did Shop Rite do to you Tahiti?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 03:53 PM

12,285 posts, read 33,801,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
What did Shop Rite do to you Tahiti?
I used to use their Shop @ Home service and they raised the shopping fee 100% at the particular store I used, while other stores did not raise theirs. I argued that given the price of gas I could see raising the delivery fee, but raising the actual shopping fee 100% was out of line. They tried to explain why, but the spin to me didn't make sense, given other stores were doing just fine at the lower rates. I brought it up to corporate and got a pat answer. I didn't like it, so I stopped shopping there.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:55 PM

517 posts, read 1,732,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i would kill for wegman's. as far as a&p and shoprite, i was loyal shoprite until they pissed me off. i switched to a&p and was PLEASANTLY surprised to find out I spend less. I would've bet every last penny they were more expensive. bottom line, their sales are better than SR, and if you basically only shop sales like me, you'll do better with a&p than shoprite. (i have the spreadsheet with savings in raw numbers and percentages as proof, lol)

Wow, a spreadsheet. I was thinking of doing that but not sure I would've admitted it- ahha.
Guess I'm not the only crazy one. LOL

Old 11-07-2008, 04:09 PM

Good for you Tahiti...but the spreadsheet is scaring me a little too! LOL!

Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM

445 posts, read 1,888,754 times
We all need to petition for a super target in Central Jersey. They are much cleaner than super walmarts and the prices on groceries are very competitive. The target brand of foods "Archer Farms" makes very good food and great prices. The closest Super target is over 400 miles away in Va. They are opening one in Elizabeth in 2009 but they need one in Ocean or Monmouth county. I cant stand going 5 places to get everything i need.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:49 PM

I LOVE Target in general (moment of silence please...)

Old 11-07-2008, 05:01 PM

517 posts, read 1,732,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
We all need to petition for a super target in Central Jersey. They are much cleaner than super walmarts and the prices on groceries are very competitive. The target brand of foods "Archer Farms" makes very good food and great prices. The closest Super target is over 400 miles away in Va. They are opening one in Elizabeth in 2009 but they need one in Ocean or Monmouth county. I cant stand going 5 places to get everything i need.
Yes, definitely, Super Target in Central Jersey.
Until then I will go to the one in Eliz. Luckily I go to Elizabeth every Sunday for church. But, they said it's going to be by Ikea- that's already crazy on the weekends. So much traffic, I can't imagine.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:54 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,117,162 times
Believe it or not, people in PA actually drive over to the Mount Laurel Wegmans which is like 3 miles from my house.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:02 PM

4,334 posts, read 12,998,144 times
I luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Wegmans! I used to go with my x when we visited his Mom in South Jersey. Forgot the name of the town it was in. I could drop some seriou bucks in there, especially the little restaurant before food shopping!
I hope they come to Florida someday. They are kinda expensive so maybe they are not doing too good in todays slipping economy.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:02 PM

12,285 posts, read 33,801,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Good for you Tahiti...but the spreadsheet is scaring me a little too! LOL!

I am a little freakish when it comes to this, I admit...but at a glance I can tell you I've saved $1380 so far this year! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey