Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 07:19 AM

86 posts, read 226,801 times

Advertisements

The other night I was driving my employee car on Rt 9 around 1030 pm and when I made a left turn the entire car shut off completely. Luckily I was turning onto a side road off of Rt 9, so I got out unscathed.
I had no cell phone on me and was panicky. I am sure I looked like a lunatic as I tried to unsuccessfully open the hood (damn thing is broken) and curse out the car in french. Anyways, there was this worker nearby who saw me throwing my little temper tantrum and tried to check out the car (to no avail, the engine didnt even turn over), but let me use his cell phone.

I called my boss who had AAA. When the tow guy came he had it all wrong, I was a ways away and he said it was a cash call. With none of my cc's on me and little cash, I was...well screwed. He towed me across the road for FREE into a parking garage next to a 24hr dunkin donut!!! I tipped him and he was off.

Now I am trying to find a damn pay phone and since the world has cell phones, I was unlucky. So I am in Dunkin Donuts trying to explain to the worker who barely speaks english (but was a very hard worker) why it was essential that I find a phone, and these two nice older men and one other person were asking where I was trying to go and offering me rides!!!

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!

Of course, I declined. You never know about ulterior motives, but it was a very nice gesture.

NJ people, you rock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 09:37 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,752,816 times
Miss Lizzy,
Glad to hear you turned down the ride, LOL.
Nice to see people having positive experiences in NJ. I hope your night turned out okay!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:16 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,320,954 times
As many of us have said before, NJ gets an awful and undeserved reputation when it comes to people. NJ people are the best. We just returned from a long weekend visiting "home" and we are missing the people already.

I am sorry about your bad luck but I am glad that you experienced real NJ people.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:08 AM

86 posts, read 226,801 times
You all do really get a bad rap.

Yes, my night turned out fine. I returned to my bed at 330 am...goodness....I wont be hanging out in a Dunkin Donuts for awhile (if I ever would have considered it before).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey