U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,017 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Los Angeles for work. I'll be working in Spotswood area plus some parkway/turnpike driving, all work related. I'm a single 38 year old with no pets. I am Noise Sensative and don't want to live in a 'huge' complex' near the trains, etc.
I originally looked in Spotswood but didn't really want to live there. (Due to my timeline, I had/have returned to L.A and it's now even harder to find a place via internet) I looked into East Brunswick...Glenwood Apartments and it looks nice but I don't think it's for me. I read multiple complaints regarding noise from above and mostly 1st floor units. Again, it seems nice, just not for me.
Looked into Old Bridge but didn't find anything, again, limited search via internet and of course Craig's List.
***I want to spend between $1200-1400 a month***
WHAT GIVETH in North Brunswick????? Any suggestions PLEASE.

The biggest ammenties I'm looking for are to be on the top floor of a medium or smaller building/complex. It's all about the apartment more so then the included gym, meeting rooms, etc. I'd prefer Central air/heat and secure parking. Again, I want Quiet so being close to the train/s isn't a convenience I need. Any specifics would truly be appreciated!!!
Thanks again for your North Brunswick or surrounding areas (which would be closer to East Brunswick/Spotswood as opposed to further away.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 02:40 PM

137 posts, read 500,159 times
Check apartmentratings.com

Old 11-10-2008, 10:06 AM

138 posts, read 586,047 times
I lived in Colony Oaks in North Brunswick from 2004-2005. At the time, I paid $1045 for a very large 1 bedroom, so I would imagine it's still in your price range. I moved because I wanted to be in a more city-like environment, but I have nothing but positive comments about the complex. The grounds were very pretty, maintenance was responsive, and my apartment was huge - I had a dining room, a washer/ dryer, and a walk-in closet that you seriously could have put a bed in. Check it out!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:16 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,481,092 times
Try Renaissance Glen in North Brunswick, or East Garden Apartments in Dayton (part of South Brunswick).

East Garden and Royal Oaks are run by the same company, you want to live in East Garden over Royal Oaks for security and quiet. Royal Oaks seems to be more rundown, and a lot more older kids.

In East Garden, the 1-BR apartments are mainly professionals for about 1100. For an extra 100 dollars a month, you can get any early termination lease, so if you don't like it, you can get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey