U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 5,816 times

Advertisements

I got a parking ticket for 62$. I have paid the fine, wanted to know if this would show on my driver record? Also that I have moved out of NJ to IL. Got my license changed. Please let me know
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 09:43 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,051,939 times
Unless things have changed in 12 years, you will see nothing on your drivers license as long as you pay the fine. If you don't pay for parking tickets, they will eventually suspend your license.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:56 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,499,688 times
Fine is paid? It's a non-moving violation which only means that if you didn't pay it, then it'd show on your record. You have not a thing to worry about.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:19 PM

392 posts, read 1,497,672 times
non moving shouldn't affect your record or points

Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 PM

8 posts, read 33,775 times
The previous posters are correct, In an abstract it will always be there, but for purposes of what insurance companies look at it has no bearing.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:54 AM

5 posts, read 22,465 times
I got a no parking 25 feet from crosswalk ticket for the third time by my house, I think these kind of tickets are ridiculous, I try to find a parking spot away from the corner but sometimes there aren't any other spots, the first time I was parked on a one way street at a fair distance from the crosswalk and still got a ticket. This past Summer I was sitting on my steps in front of the house and there was this car parked well over the crosswalk and had been there all night and the following day and no ticket, a cop happened to drive by and I called him out on it and his answer was if I thought that that car deserved a ticket? Was he kidding me? I said yes, that I had gotten tickets and I was parked before the line, why shouldn't that person get at ticket? He said that he didn't have a ticket book with him and he was going to the precinct to get one and would come back. It seems like laws were not made for everybody. I understand that laws were made for a reason I broke the law and that's why I got the tickets but at the same time where am I suppose to park if there aren't no parking spot available? This is so frustrating for me.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,476,787 times
If I remember correctly, all tickets whether thay are moving violations or not will show on your record. BUT Insurance companies and companies that require you to have a clean CDL usually dont care about parking tickets.

You can request for a copy of your abstract from the state here: State of New Jersey - Motor Vehicle Commission - Driver History Abstract

Old 04-15-2010, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,418 times
i got a parking ticket on washington ave in belleville nj they wrote wrong make of car on ticket do i have to pay it or can i fight it i missed court date did not know

Old 04-15-2010, 05:24 PM

478 posts, read 1,680,739 times
I got hundreds of parking tickets when I worked the nite shift for the post office ( years ago was called the post office). My timing to get home in the morning was a tad to late to beat the teachers who took up all the spaces near my home..lived across the street from a school. So I had to always look for a space for hours or park on the side of the street where your not suppose to at that time (street cleaner truck time). Results I went to court with hundreds of them and the court knocked it down 75% had to pay about $ 3500 with a court deal ( my sleep was well worth it to me back then). Moved out of city never got another parking ticket in 30 years now. Also your driving record never has parking tickets recorded on it..only moving violations or worst. Have a CDL and need to show my updated record at every interview I go to for a job to drive, so I know this is a fact!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 PM

5,737 posts, read 15,707,493 times
True, parking tickets never show up on any driving records. They are not tied into any particular drivers license anyway, so it would not be equitable to show on any license since its not tied to any particular person who was driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey