U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 AM

23 posts, read 101,542 times

Advertisements

We moved into Society hill recently and are looking for a good day-care near society hill, jersey city. I saw a couple of thread but without much information so I decided to start a new thread.

I have heard about a day care near port liberte but dont have detail, if anyone knows any please let me know about that one too.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 01:09 PM

66 posts, read 375,432 times
Have u looked into The Growing tree daycare center. Its like a 5 min drive form SH.
Just check out their website.
There is also a lady in SH 2 who babysits at her house.
There are also quite a few nannies who will come to ur house if u like that .
U may once have to go to the childrens play area in Droyers point ans u will find kids with their nannies there.
U can ask them for references etc

Old 12-12-2008, 03:01 PM
bay

425 posts, read 2,843,646 times
How old is the kid?
My son goes to Bayonne Jewish Community Center Nursery
it's only 5 minutes from SH
they only accept kids 18 month to PreK
I would like to know the lady who babysit in the community as well.
when I had my son, I had nowhere to get such information so that we end up going to Sunnyside Academy at Port Liberte. It's very pricy--325/week and only open until 5:30. Now they are under new management, I am not sure about the quality. Another one you can consider St Elizabeth in JSQ. I heard some kids from SH go there. They open until 6pm.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:59 PM

Default Day care

Thanks guys for the inputs. Initially we went with a private day-care near Grove Street. Now my son is 2.5 and we are looking out for a day-care since he need more interaction and socializing.

I have heard about Jewish Community Center, how is that ? Looked at Growing Tree but a little too late since they accommodate until 3 yrs only. River School at Exchange place is one option. We are planning to look at Baby Galileo as well.

If you guys have feedback about the above or have recommendations for any other day-cares please let me know. We are leaning towards a day-care than a preK school because of the flexibility with eating and rigid timings (at some some schools).

Old 03-04-2010, 07:06 AM
bay

425 posts, read 2,843,646 times
My son was just out of the JCC nursery due to our moving last month and he miss all teachers so much. I am sure his class (preschool 3-4 y) has 2 openings as both my son and another child left due to moving. For 2.5 year old, it'a always hard to get a spot there because they only have 1 class for that age group. We have been there 3 years (from 18 month to 4 years old). Their program is very good. For 3-4 years old, they go indoor swim once a week. Compare what my son goes now (YMCA in Berkeley Heights, highly recommanded by my local people), I feel JCC has more strict discipline. Highly recommanded.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:17 PM

We will be checking out JCC hopefully in the next week or so.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,235 times
Default nannies in Society Hill?

We have a 3 month old and we are looking for nannies in Society hill. Would anyone have any ideas?

Also any experience/feedback on nearby day care centers?

Would appreciate any info.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey