Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:56 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,991 times

Advertisements

It shouldn't be about race- before or now. May the better person win.[/QUOTE]

I agree with last statement.

The reason they're being mentioned is because the thought of a non-white male candidate for President actully being elected wasn't a consideration pre Nov.4. Obama's election to the highest office means that qualified non white males have an equal shot at any office. It has taken until this point in history for the better person winning being a reality.[/quote]

Agreed...and I'm so glad this is finally a reality. I look forward to the day when a WOMAN is also just as much a possiblity, but I think we're very close to that too.

The only think I think is dumb is the parties start saying "OK they want a woman...get me a woman! OK they want a dark skinned male... get me a dark skinned male." It's FOOLISH. We need to find quality candidates. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default What are you folks drinking?????

Agreed that 'from little acorns mighty oaks grow' but that's like looking at your young son in his bassinette and declaring he will be a star running back in the NFL. Only a statement a 'parent' could make. God bless his efforts but let's not be premature. We'd have to check with Norcross to see if the mayor has a future.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:48 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Agreed that 'from little acorns mighty oaks grow' but that's like looking at your young son in his bassinette and declaring he will be a star running back in the NFL. Only a statement a 'parent' could make. God bless his efforts but let's not be premature. We'd have to check with Norcross to see if the mayor has a future.
I have no idea what you're getting at..

Old 01-27-2009, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,669 times
im vry concrnd about how did corey booker be came mayor?

Old 01-27-2009, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,669 times
heloo how did corey booker became mayor

Old 01-27-2009, 01:37 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuizxcvn View Post
heloo how did corey booker became mayor

Umm....he won an election.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:11 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Since Obama was elected, I've seen Booker all over the national news. I think he's positioning himself for a run in 2016. He'll probably take a run at the Governer's office or a Senate seat in the very near future to sure up his experience and national profile. It seems that the election of the first African-American POTUS has opened up a whole new level of possibility for young and upcoming African-American politicians. Watch out for Duvall Patrick and Adrian Fenty as well.
I'd vote for Corey Booker for governor. He seems to be a great man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: