Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:42 PM

16 posts, read 97,123 times

Advertisements

You should dispute the ticket by sending an online appeal to the ticket. You should hear back from them in several days to a few weeks, with their usual email reply of "we're busy with all our cases, and would like to give you a discounted price if you choose to accept it, or we can review your case, but if you lose you will pay the full price." Since it seems that it is hard to dispute your situation, you may as well take whatever discount they give you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 06:25 AM

4 posts, read 16,159 times
Never pay any NYC parking tickets. Not only is it illegal but you can then be considered contributing to a criminal conspiracy. Besides. if you are from NJ you have diplomatic immunity.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 6,366 times
Default We just have to wake up

U CAN TRY TO DO A REDUCTION ON THE TICKET BUT U HAVE TO PAY OTHERWISE IF U DRIVE IN NYC AND THEY RUN UR PLATES THEY WILL ARREST U AND TAKE UR CAR AWAY PLUS THE IMPOUND IS GONNA COST U MORE , FOR U TO HAVE A EXAMPLE I GOT 2 PARKING TICKETS FOR METTER AT THE SAME DAY ONE AT 7:03am AND ANOTHER AT 7:11am THIS MEANS THAT THE THIEF DID EVEN MOVE, TO WRITE ME ANOTHER TICKET IS THAT CORRECT ?. WE WORK HARD TO MAKE A LIVING, WE DON’T DRIVE AROUND THE CITY GIVING TICKETS IN VALUES OF $125.00 EACH ONE. WE HAVE TO WAKE UP AND STOP THOSE THIEFS , IN CONTRIES LIKE FRANCE, ENGLAND, SPAIN THEY FIGHT BACK, IN FRANCE THEY INSTALL RADAR ALL OVER THE PLACE AND THE PEOPLE BRAKE THEM , IN ENGLAND PEOPLE HAS VOICE THEY DON’T LET CITIES MAKE MILLIONS IN PARKING REVENUES LIKE IN NYC . WE HAVE START TO DO SOMETHING BRAKE THE METTERS, CAMERAS, RADARS, WAKE UP PEOPLE FROM NYC

Old 11-09-2009, 01:52 PM

82 posts, read 139,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellydoboy View Post
You should dispute the ticket by sending an online appeal to the ticket. You should hear back from them in several days to a few weeks, with their usual email reply of "we're busy with all our cases, and would like to give you a discounted price if you choose to accept it, or we can review your case, but if you lose you will pay the full price." Since it seems that it is hard to dispute your situation, you may as well take whatever discount they give you.
IMO, this is excellent advice. No scofflaw EVER gets away with it. Get the dang thing over with and then, after you follow Jelly's advice, check out RobRiguez's solution to prevent future tickets.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:05 AM

119 posts, read 492,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
So I've got a ton of parking tickets before all in new jersey, usually I just pay them. I got one in Manhattan [parking garage to metmuseum was blocked off] so I parked near a bus stop half my car was over the paint and i got a 125 dollar ticket. I'm not gonna fight it, but what will happend if I don't pay it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
i knew what i was doing. ny is no less money hungry. there are guys whose sole job is to monitor street parking. signs are also made unclear and hidden on purpose because it means more money. It's a business in newark to tow cars, then charge 100 plus 30 for each day it's stored in this privately owned mud field until the owner picks it up. many times they never get their car back because they cant pay the bill.. then they steal to make up for it
Wow! I'm not sure what to make of this. You admit to getting a ton of parking tickets, that you knew what you were doing when you parked illegally, and then you complain that the states are money hungry, like that is the reason you were ticketed.

Anyway, who is not money hungry? Certainly not my gas company, my electric company or my lawn guy, but there's nothing illegal that I do that I can blame on them.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrosteve View Post
Wow! I'm not sure what to make of this. You admit to getting a ton of parking tickets, that you knew what you were doing when you parked illegally, and then you complain that the states are money hungry, like that is the reason you were ticketed.

Anyway, who is not money hungry? Certainly not my gas company, my electric company or my lawn guy, but there's nothing illegal that I do that I can blame on them.
hey I didn't ask for your goofy opinion which btw I think is a load of bull

Old 11-17-2009, 02:48 AM

It's all true, you just don't want to hear it. You brag about getting loads of tickets, like it's a badge of honor, and then you looked to blame the city for wanting to collect.

I didn't give an opinion, in fact, I said I didn't know what to make of this. I just stated what you said, and that says it all.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
It's all true, you just don't want to hear it. You brag about getting loads of tickets, like it's a badge of honor, and then you looked to blame the city for wanting to collect.

I didn't give an opinion, in fact, I said I didn't know what to make of this. I just stated what you said, and that says it all.
This is my first ticket in the city, all my others were from n.j. and yahhh these cities do try to create revenue off of tickets, that's why a million people are pissed and not bending over graciously to pay them. People like u lick ass and accept everything making it harder for the rest of us.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:16 AM

Gee, you must really be pissed off hearing the truth, that you would resort to that kind of reply. I'm usually much nicer, but for you I'll respond in kind.

It appears that YOU are the one bending over taking it in the rear because you are getting "tons" of tickets as you admit, and continue to pay the fines for them. You seem to enjoy not obeying parking regulations, getting tickets, paying them, then blaming the city or town for collecting.

All I can say is "THANKS". It's the undisciplined motorist like you paying all those tickets that help pay for the services that my town provides me and the various other users of this forum, so we can pay less.

THANKS SO MUCH.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Gee, you must really be pissed off hearing the truth, that you would resort to that kind of reply. I'm usually much nicer, but for you I'll respond in kind.

It appears that YOU are the one bending over taking it in the rear because you are getting "tons" of tickets as you admit, and continue to pay the fines for them. You seem to enjoy not obeying parking regulations, getting tickets, paying them, then blaming the city or town for collecting.

All I can say is "THANKS". It's the undisciplined motorist like you paying all those tickets that help pay for the services that my town provides me and the various other users of this forum, so we can pay less.

THANKS SO MUCH.
I started a topic here asking what happends if I don't pay an out of state ticket, where do u come from resurrecting an old topic saying something that doesn't answer the original question. What are you an online cop? Are u offended that people don't want to pay tickets? U really think that people who pay fines are paying for your services? I heard that the more fines are paid, the higher the debt goes and more general people are expected to pay, is that to far fetched?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey