Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 02:00 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,867,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamillaS View Post
I studies in MA for 9 months and had a car on my name, which I drove with my Azerbaijani driving license. My friend drove my car to NY one day and then I received a letter that I parked in wrong place and have to pay 115$. I thought they sent it to me wrongly and asked for details - where, when, how? And then I realized that there was a penalty on the car, that my friend simply through away. I wrote them the letter that that was not me, even if the car was on my name. Afterwards, my studies were over and I left the States and shipped my car to my home country without getting any reply to my letter. My question is how I can track the status of this penalty? Did they remove it? Or it is increasing from day to day and might cause problems when I will try to visit States one day?
How long ago was this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 06:35 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
So I've got a ton of parking tickets before all in new jersey, usually I just pay them. I got one in Manhattan [parking garage to metmuseum was blocked off] so I parked near a bus stop half my car was over the paint and i got a 125 dollar ticket. I'm not gonna fight it, but what will happend if I don't pay it?? I heard of a couple people who throw their ticket away if it was out of state. I'm mostly worried about hurting my credit or getting arrested if this happends again in nyc.
Growing up in NJ I had friends who would toss their parking tickets from NYC. 5-6 years later their legally parked cars in NY got towed. They had to pay towing fee plus the tickets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey