Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 09:40 AM

50 posts, read 277,368 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this town. I am looking into purchasing a townhome off of Shafto rd and i have just found out that there is a landfill across the street. I am curious if in the summer there is any type of smell aroud Shafto rd. If anyone lives in Fox Chase or Park Place or any other development off of Shafto rd please leave you insight and opinions. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 12:35 PM

208 posts, read 852,918 times
If you do a search on city data for Fox Chase, there's a thread with many opinions. One person's opinion who lives there now said it's a great community and just gets a little smelly in the summer sometimes. My personal opinion to you is to look for something that is not by a landfill as resale will be very difficult and you never know what health issues may arise. Better safe than sorry.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:19 PM

26 posts, read 86,179 times
I've lived right where you are asking about for 15+ years. can you smell the dump? Yeah, a little, sometimes. Not too bad though. And not too often. And it doesn't smell like feces or anything hideous like that.

It is very safe. No health concerns.

Resell is high here - it is a very desirable area. Schools are awesome, and Tinton Falls is a very community oriented town. We are close to the Parkway, and the beaches.

Since I moved here, my father, sister, cousin, uncle, brother in-law, and parents in laws have all followed. Not exaggerating one bit. We all live in Fox Chase, Park Place and in homes in nearby. Also, many many friends who i went to High School with in a nearby town called Long Branch have all moved here.

Does the dump bother me? Just the fact that its there bothers me - in principle. The smell / health concerns do not.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:53 PM

50 posts, read 277,368 times
It looks like we will be neighbors!!! My fiance and I bought a townhouse in the new develpoment being built called Park View. We loved the town and are not really concerned with the dump.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:59 PM

EXCELLENT! If you ever need anything or have any questions about the local area - feel free to send me a private message...

Old 10-11-2013, 08:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian Mason View Post
If you do a search on city data for Fox Chase, there's a thread with many opinions. One person's opinion who lives there now said it's a great community and just gets a little smelly in the summer sometimes. My personal opinion to you is to look for something that is not by a landfill as resale will be very difficult and you never know what health issues may arise. Better safe than sorry.
I agree with this person. I live in Fox Chase and the smell is so bad that you can smell it when your inside your home. I didn't know about the dump and of course the realtor didn't bring it up. the people around here don't do or say anything about it.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave cackle View Post
I agree with this person. I live in Fox Chase and the smell is so bad that you can smell it when your inside your home. I didn't know about the dump and of course the realtor didn't bring it up. the people around here don't do or say anything about it.
This might not help much... but.. i don't think its the landfill. I think its the mulch yard -- Stavola brothers (or whatever it's called). I think you are smelling burning mulch, or whatever the heck it is that they do there. Whatever the refining process is that they do. So that's what i mean by this info might not help in that it still smells, but it's gotta make one feel better knowing that it is mulch (burning, refining or whatever) that they are smelling, and not garbage...

How do i know this? Well I don't KNOW. But this is what I was told when I lived there by a very high up neighbor/employee of the landfill (dump).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey