Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 01:17 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,912,352 times

Advertisements

My friend lives in NYC by the unemployment office on 31st. She said the line is so long and slow moving, it's heartbreaking. She has never seen it so bad and she said it reminds her of the pictures from the great depression.

So remember, just because the line is long at the mall, it is long elsewhere too!

I have to go... catch up w/ you all later.

Elle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 06:14 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,163,820 times
Elle, i was reading an article in the Money magazine today and it said unemployment will peak in 2009...we are nowhere near the worst scenario. if this is not the worst, can you imagine how bad it will get when it is?!?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:52 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,912,352 times
It's not going to be pretty, I'll tell you that.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:58 AM

5,617 posts, read 15,468,387 times
this is a big big problem and I am very worried for people of NJ !! I find this topic so depressing because losing a job and not being able to find another one really ties into who we are as productive people and our mental health. It also depresses me for the people are are in the age range of 50-55 years old. Age discrimination is alive and well and I dont believe the people who say no such thing.

I hope it does not get too bad. I really think about this often and am sad. How are we going as a state to create jobs. Ohh I hear they are creating UNION STATE jobs but what about people who are not in this areaand or state employees or union employees?? I mean I hear construction and roads and building. This does not help certain people. I guy who is 50 and sat behind a desk is not going to benefit form this !!This is a problem and depressing and makes me shed a tear. Now I am not in this situation but I know and have close friends who are in it right now!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: