Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:38 PM

6 posts, read 19,715 times

Advertisements

My Fiance and I were looking at Townhomes this weekend and we stumbled across a new development in Waldwick. While speaking with the agent representing the development I asked what the property tax structure was in Waldwick.

The agent informed me that the property tax would be valued at 71% of the selling x the town rate (which is 2.012%)
Formula would go as follows:
((5xx,xxx * .71)*.02012)

Can anyone verify this to be accurate or provide a phone # for someone I can call in Waldwick to verify?

My other question is in regards to insurance for townhomes, what is the typical insurance rate for a townhome in the 5xx,xxx price range? Obviously since it is a townhome, this insurance would not include the exterior structure.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 11:06 PM

34 posts, read 93,945 times
I would think twice before buying one of those. NONE of the townhomes their have sold yet and they have been on the market for a while now.

$500,000+ is a real lot to spend on a townhouse in Waldwick. You can buy a great, big house in the town for that much.

Run a hard bargain if you do buy. Like I said, none of these townhouses have sold and they are probably hurting

Old 11-19-2008, 04:05 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,514,252 times
right off Hopper ave in Waldwick they are building tons of new townhomes or condo which will flood the market . They have cleared the land and are ready to go!!

Old 11-19-2008, 06:24 PM

65 posts, read 279,875 times
Try calling the tax assessor.

I agree with one of the previous posters though - you can buy a nice size house in Waldwick for 500k.

Good luck ...

Old 11-19-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
right off Hopper ave in Waldwick they are building tons of new townhomes or condo which will flood the market . They have cleared the land and are ready to go!!

Those are technically in Allendale. Right on the border though

Old 11-20-2008, 04:59 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,855,804 times
Are you talking about the townhomes on Prospect? by the police station? every time i drive by those I go to my wife... man I wish we had a townhome. 500k is a lot though. of course i have no clue what they are like, i am sure very nice inside. How many bedrooms do you get?

For the townhome insurance, you just tell your agency its a townhome (they will ask anyway) and your insurance will very likely be much cheaper than homeowners.

7000 bucks taxes on 500k sounds about right to me.

But I agree, these have all been sitting, to me this means the price is too high. I have no clue about the asking price but I would put in a very low bid. Its a great time to buy!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldwick04 View Post
I would think twice before buying one of those. NONE of the townhomes their have sold yet and they have been on the market for a while now.

$500,000+ is a real lot to spend on a townhouse in Waldwick. You can buy a great, big house in the town for that much.

Run a hard bargain if you do buy. Like I said, none of these townhouses have sold and they are probably hurting
Thanks, I certainly plan to. I just put 5xx,xxx because that is the listing price.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
Are you talking about the townhomes on Prospect? by the police station? every time i drive by those I go to my wife... man I wish we had a townhome. 500k is a lot though. of course i have no clue what they are like, i am sure very nice inside. How many bedrooms do you get?

For the townhome insurance, you just tell your agency its a townhome (they will ask anyway) and your insurance will very likely be much cheaper than homeowners.

7000 bucks taxes on 500k sounds about right to me.

But I agree, these have all been sitting, to me this means the price is too high. I have no clue about the asking price but I would put in a very low bid. Its a great time to buy!
They are by Dipippo's Farm. Off of Crescent Ave
How is this area?

They have a few layouts available, ranging from 2-4 bedrooms with 2.5-3 bathrooms. The interiors are pretty nice in standard form, but I agree that the selling price is way too high and if we make a bid we'll make it competitive and realistic. Their asking price of mid 500s is outrageous.

Last edited by LarryM13; 11-22-2008 at 09:06 AM..

Old 11-24-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryM13 View Post
They are by Dipippo's Farm. Off of Crescent Ave
How is this area?
good. Right by the elementary school. Waldwick is such a small town. The only area that isnt so great is right by the train tracks, but besides that its all good.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 AM

9 posts, read 29,680 times
hi, did you buy the townhome on Dipippo st? if so how much did you pay? we are planning to buy a townhome in the same community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey