Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 01:20 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,670,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Oh stop it...
So, if you leave NJ you should be banned from this forum?
Bah Humbug!

Hey, BrianH actually made a strong attempt at moving back to NJ, but decided to come back South again...I guess the pizza and bagels just couldn't keep him in NJ.

I'm coming back up to NJ this week and I'm bringing a smile, coupla "y'alls", some Cheerwine, BBQ and fried okra so y'all better brace yourselves!

And I'm going to convince (anyone who will listen) that there is life after New Jersey. (I've already converted two families.)

....all in good fun...Gobble Gobble Y'all!
see my post to bob right above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 01:22 PM

9,317 posts, read 16,651,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Rudeness in retail stores? Wow we experience the total opposite. We were back in South Jersey earlier this month and in the Cherry Hill mall and while the mall was busy-nothing but friendliness. The retail workers in NJ are certainly friendlier than the retail workers up here in NH. People in NJ are much friendlier and polite in my opinion. We go back home to NJ several times a year and always notice this.
I was quite surprised myself. The area we were shopping was in E. Hanover.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:32 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,399,676 times
Quote:
Hey, BrianH actually made a strong attempt at moving back to NJ, but decided to come back South again...I guess the pizza and bagels just couldn't keep him in NJ.
The bagels would've been breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I tried to capture the same lifestyle I live in NC.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
see my post to bob right above.
Let's be honest here, Tahiti...your not trying to be sarcastic.
It gets under your skin when someone doesn't swallow the "NJ is great" Koolaid.

There is nothing wrong with New Jersey, well...ummm.... besides the ridiculously high taxes, unusually high cost of living, etc, etc..., but don't let the "were-better-off-in-other-states" crowd bring you down, you're making the best of it.

Oh, and here's my disclaimer, because the "all in good fun" comment didn't sink in before:

Old 11-24-2008, 01:49 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,670,830 times
Quote:
Let's be honest here, Tahiti...your not trying to be sarcastic.
It gets under your skin when someone doesn't swallow the "NJ is great" Koolaid.

There is nothing wrong with New Jersey, well...ummm.... besides the ridiculously high taxes, unusually high cost of living, etc, etc..., but don't let the "were-better-off-in-other-states" crowd bring you down, you're making the best of it.

Oh, and here's my disclaimer, because the "all in good fun" comment didn't sink in before:
why are you starting with me? i was being sarcastic, if you don't believe me, so be it. i'm not repeating myself about my stand on NJ, i've traveled the world, home is where the heart is, NJ or wherever. please, give it a rest.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:00 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,511,210 times
Click your red ruby slippery three times and say theres no place like home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-24-2008, 02:07 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,363,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
do you know what means or did you lose your "sarcastic radar" in GA?
Nah- I didn't loose it- and it serves me well down here (though I'm usually the one dishing the sarcasm, not getting it....lol).

Old 11-24-2008, 03:46 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,522,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
There's a place called Touch of Italy over by use in Woodstock that's very good. There's also a place over near the Gwinett Arena (the name escapes me) and there's a pizzeria attached to the Alpine Bakery in Alpharetta that's excellent. Alpine, btw, has some of the best baked goods you'll find anywhere.
Thanks! I'm on it!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:44 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,294 times
I Love New Jersey. Always will. 31 years of my life were in NJ.

Not likely I'll ever go back to live there.

I love North Carolina. Been here nine and a half years.

I'm happy here.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:42 PM

327 posts, read 881,388 times
LOL. I love how people will pay $20k+ in RE taxes for a McMansion that ends up in a politician's pockets all for the sake of "good" pizza and bagels. It's like a 10 year old who gets beat by his dad daily but says it's cool since he pays the mortgage. I've only been here for the past 3 months for a project, so maybe I'm missing a silver lining here. Or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey