Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:10 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,346,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSo View Post
Why,do they still have the oh-so outdated,car wrecking cobblestone on their streets also? Philly's like a Bean and Frank town too,'cept it's more like Meatball and Cheesesteak
Some of the houses in East Scranton still have the cement hitches where they used to tie the horses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 05:38 PM

468 posts, read 580,211 times
I just think PA is a dichotomy,it clings to it's history yet tries to be 'hip'

Old 11-24-2008, 06:01 PM

Pa Hip? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Sometimes you have to look back, before you can move ahead.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:15 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
I'd like to offer a dissenting opinion. I think Pennsylvania is one of the most beautiful states in the nation. The Grand Canyon of PA, driving up through Lycoming and Tioga Counties, there are very few other places in this country (East of the Mississippi River anyway) in terms of picturesque landscape that compare. Pennsylvania is very diverse culturally: the southeast is fully part of the northeast corridor, the middle is vintage Appalachia, and part of Western PA almost feel like an extension of the midwest.

I remember striper fishing one time in Lake Raystown PA, and came away feeling inspired by the surroundings.

This area is the lower center of the state. I think many New Jerseyans only associate with the coal belt and the Philly area. If you go further west, there are so many beautiful areas.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I'd like to offer a dissenting opinion. I think Pennsylvania is one of the most beautiful states in the nation. The Grand Canyon of PA, driving up through Lycoming and Tioga Counties, there are very few other places in this country (East of the Mississippi River anyway) in terms of picturesque landscape that compare. Pennsylvania is very diverse culturally: the southeast is fully part of the northeast corridor, the middle is vintage Appalachia, and part of Western PA almost feel like an extension of the midwest.

I remember striper fishing one time in Lake Raystown PA, and came away feeling inspired by the surroundings.

This area is the lower center of the state. I think many New Jerseyans only associate with the coal belt and the Philly area. If you go further west, there are so many beautiful areas.
You have a point about the rest of the State but most of us have family in or have visited Philly and the North Eastern part of Pa.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:33 AM

810 posts, read 2,291,475 times
Quote:

I don't know............ if that picture had a volume button you would hear Dueling Banjos. Ned Beaty better stay away .

Old 11-25-2008, 11:45 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:

Pennsy is absolutely beautiful!! I've been all over that state.

Just not sure I would ever want to move there.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:28 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
people, this thread is not about PA or Scranton. One or two posts is ok, but not pages. thanks.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:54 PM

468 posts, read 580,211 times
Quote:

I can agree...PA may be nice to drive through and look at then move on

Ok I just had to add that...back to original thread programming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey