Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 08:53 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugocharabluerose View Post
I am a highschooler from West Windsor Plainsboro. We're one of the top-ranked public school districts. I hope I can clear some things up here.

West Windsor Plainsboro is extremely competitive. Taking honor courses means sleeping about 6 hours a night. It's intense and stressful.

Parents don't do everything in ww-p. The teachers are spectacular. There all have so many awards, are extremely kind and caring. I have a math teacher that stays after school almost everyday to help struggling students, sacrificing most of her spare time for our sake. Parents are rumored to do everything because many radical parents voluntarily interfere on their child's behalf because they want their child to get good grades. Parents are the ones that place us children into such a demanding school district, so of course our parents will want us to do well (and do whatever they can to help us succeed.)

It's a demanding school district... but it's worth it, in the end. WW-P has a VERY high reputation with colleges. Because the environment is so demanding, students that transfer into the district soon develop different academic mentalities and work ethics. However, it's not easy for transfer students. For example, one of my friends transfered to WW-P during her freshman year. When she went to another school district, she got all A's and was at the top of her class, having a reputation for her intelligence. However, when she moved to this district, she got D's and F's. She has a C-range average now, and constantly pulls all-nighters (and drinks a lot of coffee.) But no matter what, she can't get the A's she used to. It's a deadly school district, but if you can survive the pressure you can survive anything.

I hoped I helped some people
Maybe the WW schools aren't that good. This thread was 2 years old.

Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 08:55 AM

431 posts, read 942,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Maybe the WW schools aren't that good. This thread was 2 years old.

No they are that good

Old 03-12-2011, 09:10 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamnwk View Post
No they are that good

Old 03-12-2011, 09:30 AM

1,471 posts, read 3,461,541 times
These threads crack me up. Being a Bergen Countyer, I know very little about East Windsor or West Windsor. But when a bunch of people get on here and start complaining about how wonderful the schools are in a super wealthy district, and about how lousy they are in an only slightly wealthy district, I just view the threads with bewilderment.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE SO BAD ABOUT A SCHOOL DISTRICT IN A GH DISTRICT FACTOR GROUP?!?

What's the matter, the kids in East Windsor have to settle for the 3-Series BMWs instead of the 7-Series BMWs that the West Windsor kids have?

Don't believe the hype about the teachers being better in more affluent districts. They're not. (I've been in both sides of the spectrum.) The differences involve the wealth and education of the parents and the resources available to them and their children.

Now if this thread was about the differences between West Windsor and Trenton schools, I'd be a little more understanding. But between East Windsor and West Windsor? Gimme a break.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:52 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
I have to say that the schools in WW-P are in fact, ALL THAT.
I also agree that a lot of the high quality is in fact due to the high level of education of the parents. The teachers are quite good, but they are not getting silk from a sow's ear so to speak.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:35 PM

431 posts, read 942,672 times
East windsor == blue collar town

west windsor == doctors, lawyers and ultra rich and all well educated

you figure out which one to go to

Old 03-13-2011, 07:31 AM

133 posts, read 502,706 times
LIAMNWK-

My husband is a successful lawyer...my neighbor is a lawyer and I have a doctorate. WE LIVE IN EAST WINDSOR! Not every white collar person wants to live in West Windsor!!!!!!!!!!!....Have you ever read the book "The Millionare next door" or the book, "Stop acting rich and start living like a REAL Millionare"? My husband and I follow those values and beliefs, which are to live within our means and to live in a middleclass neighborhood so we will have a net worth a 1 million plus when we retire....WE are VERY confident our children will be successful in any scool district because of the parents and support, values and beliefs we instill in them. East Windsor has a varied socio-economic population...white collar/blue collar. Many people struggle to get a slice of a wealthy town and have no savings in the end...We don't think it is worth it.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:35 AM

133 posts, read 502,706 times
ZHELDER-

I'm with you on everything you recently posted.......wake up people!!! It's not the teachers who are responsible for your child's success, it is YOU as parents and Your Child's personality/how much he absorbs..etc...

Old 03-13-2011, 07:53 AM

1,527 posts, read 4,064,037 times
West Windsor likes to think they are better than everyone else.

East Windsor is fine. It's more mixed, from a socioeconomic standpoint. So what.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:42 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliana View Post
LIAMNWK-

My husband is a successful lawyer...my neighbor is a lawyer and I have a doctorate. WE LIVE IN EAST WINDSOR! Not every white collar person wants to live in West Windsor!!!!!!!!!!!....Have you ever read the book "The Millionare next door" or the book, "Stop acting rich and start living like a REAL Millionare"? My husband and I follow those values and beliefs, which are to live within our means and to live in a middleclass neighborhood so we will have a net worth a 1 million plus when we retire....WE are VERY confident our children will be successful in any scool district because of the parents and support, values and beliefs we instill in them. East Windsor has a varied socio-economic population...white collar/blue collar. Many people struggle to get a slice of a wealthy town and have no savings in the end...We don't think it is worth it.
Great post.

If you read this board daily, you'd think the only towns worth living in this state are Ridgewood, Glen Rock, Summit, Millburn, West Windsor, and East Brunswick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey