Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 06:46 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times

Advertisements

Ok, here's my list:

Bruce - Santa Claus is coming to Town (you're right, he OWNS it) AND Merry Christmas, Baby

Also, Dominic the Donkey (and I never hear it). Between this one and Bruce, there can be no Christmas without them.

I like the one, maybe you guys already mentioned it, that says "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, but I think I'll skip this one this year".. female singing.

Madonna - Santa Baby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 06:59 AM

687 posts, read 3,250,762 times
My favorites are "Christmas Wrapping" by The Waitresses and "Christmas Song" by Dave Matthews Band.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:06 AM

517 posts, read 1,806,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Also, Dominic the Donkey (and I never hear it). Between this one and Bruce, there can be no Christmas without them.
HAHAH- I almost said that one- not sure why I left it out.

I know Z100 (100.3) plays it in the mornings. You can's help but sing along.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:14 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,933,690 times
Emerson Lake & Palmer'as "I Believe in Father Christmas"

Last edited by Bill Keegan; 11-30-2008 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-30-2008, 07:27 AM

443 posts, read 564,572 times
Some of my 'must listen tos' at Chrsitmas, and the ones I would put on my Ultimate Chrsitmas CD are--The Chrsitmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting) by Nat King Cole--Happy Holidays by Andy Williams--Merry Christmas Darling by Karen Carpenter--Christmas Dont Be Late by The Chipmunks---Snow Miser Heat Miser Song from the tv show--Walking in a Winter Wonderland by Dean Martin(loved that commercial from last year with the house filling up with Christmas, that featured this song)--Silver Bells by Johnny Mathis.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:53 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
Traditional-

I really like all Chirstmas music but a couple of my traditional favorites are "Silent Night", "White Christmas", "Angels We Have Heard on High".

Non-Traditional-

Of course Bruce's rendition of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"-it is the best.

Also Elton John's "Step into Christmas".

I love Run DMC's "Christmas in Hollis". I absolutely love the video for that too.

The South Park Christmas CD is good for those who are not PC and want a good laugh.

I also have a Motown Christmas CD that I love with the Temptations, the Supremes and the Ronettes. It is a great CD and they all do a great job with all the traditional songs.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:04 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
The Billboard Christmas CD is really good.

I like "Christmas is a time to say I love you" - Billy Squire
"Do they know it's Christmas" - Band Aid (has noone said this one????)
"Christmas Wrapping" - Waitresses

but I think my favorite, although not technically a "Christmas" song, is "Baby it's Cold Outside" - OMG! Makes me want to get dolled up in a cinched dress with peep toed shoes, paint my lips red, and smoke and sip a martini in a high rise on Park Avenue with a charming, well dressed man. NOTE: IT MUST BE THE DEAN MARTIN/DORIS DAY VERSION...ANY OTHER IS A CHEAP, CRAPPY IMITATION (ESPECIALLY THE ROD STEWART/DOLLY PARTON VERSION..VOMIT)

Old 11-30-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Traditional-

I really like all Chirstmas music but a couple of my traditional favorites are "Silent Night", "White Christmas", "Angels We Have Heard on High".

Non-Traditional-

Of course Bruce's rendition of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"-it is the best.

I love Run DMC's "Christmas in Hollis".
I absolutely love the video for that too.

The South Park Christmas CD is good for those who are not PC and want a good laugh.

I also have a Motown Christmas CD that I love with the Temptations, the Supremes and the Ronettes. It is a great CD and they all do a great job with all the traditional songs.
Great songs. Christmas in Hollis is on the Billboard CD I mentioned above.

My brother put together a CD of non-PC songs a few years ago..I'll have to dig it up and post...some are hysterical.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Ok, here's my list:

Bruce - Santa Claus is coming to Town (you're right, he OWNS it) AND Merry Christmas, Baby

I like the one, maybe you guys already mentioned it, that says "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, but I think I'll skip this one this year".. female singing.
Madonna - Santa Baby

Christmas Wrapping! mentioned below by Julianne and myself!

Old 11-30-2008, 08:27 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I knew I was forgetting one!!! I was mentioning that one to my wife last week. Not ten minutes later, passing through SiriusXM's "Holly" station, it shows up.

AND Tom Petty's "It's Christmas All Over Again".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey