U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:30 AM

3,858 posts, read 8,947,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
In 90% of cases it's absurd to "blame" the child involved. It's not "had something." It's they find the most emotionally scared, needy people to go for. They are, as you said, master manipulators.
Blaming and being disappointed are not the same thing. I would be disappointed in my child for not standing up for him or herself and saying "this is not right" knowing that they would have the full support of their family behind them. I'd be just as disappointed to learn that my child had stood idly by and watched another child be bullied or hurt without intervening or telling someone. If there's one thing I want to instill in my children it's that though there is a lot of gray in this world, some things are always right, some things are always wrong, and you always stand up for what's right no matter what.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 11:42 AM

42 posts, read 125,436 times
"I dont know, Im kinda torn on the issue. When I was in highschool I would have LOVED to get it on with a couple of my teachers."

imo
i find it disgusting when an adult is having sex with anyone 14 and under but at 17 now a days this isnt relly a crime? so the boy had no idea what was happening to him right? i'm 28 and i can remeber at 13-14 me and my friends stealing hustler and playboy's out of a local gas station on our way to school in the morning. i know it sounds disgusting but i did it. my only question is where were chics like this when i was in high school? man so much peer presure, so many peuberty changes and hormones, i could have used somthing to releave the stress!!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:57 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,075,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakduc View Post
"I dont know, Im kinda torn on the issue. When I was in highschool I would have LOVED to get it on with a couple of my teachers."

imo
i find it disgusting when an adult is having sex with anyone 14 and under but at 17 now a days this isnt relly a crime? so the boy had no idea what was happening to him right? i'm 28 and i can remeber at 13-14 me and my friends stealing hustler and playboy's out of a local gas station on our way to school in the morning. i know it sounds disgusting but i did it. my only question is where were chics like this when i was in high school? man so much peer presure, so many peuberty changes and hormones, i could have used somthing to releave the stress!!
I know that a lot of people only think about the sexual aspect of the subject, but it's more than that....my hs tryst w/ a teacher started out for me just as that....she was hot, everyone wanted her, no one could get her, so I took it as a challenge to show my "friends" that I could have her but it evolve into something more complexed, something that at 16 I was not ready to handle emotionally. We can blame it on hormones & puberty all we want but as I said, the dangerous thing is the emotionally consquences.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:23 PM

234 posts, read 496,269 times
A legal adult should exhibit:
  • Self-control - restraint, emotional control.
  • Stability - stable personality, strength.
  • Independence - ability to self-regulate.
  • Seriousness - ability to deal with life in a serious manner.
  • Responsibility - accountability, commitment and reliability.
  • Method/Tact - ability to think ahead and plan for the future, patience.
  • Endurance - ability and willingness to cope with difficulties that present themselves.
  • Experience - breadth of mind, understanding.
  • Objectivity - perspective and realism.
  • Decision making capability - as all of the above correspond to making proper decisions.
  • Priorities - Ability to determine what is necessary at that place and time.
As an authority figure, it's even more so... Most young people would disagree but even people over 18, in this country, are rarely capable to doing this... hence the reason so many marriages of young couples fail and very young parents have children with behavioral issues. Maybe if this were like some cultures in Africa, where adulthood is reached at age 13 and all of the responsibilities that go along with adulthood are put upon them, things would be different. I doubt very highly many teenagers would like being forced to quit school, get jobs, pay bills, buy their own food, etc.

I believe the responsibility lies with (in this order), the teacher, the school system that hired that teacher, the parent and the student.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:24 PM

42 posts, read 125,436 times
"the dangerous thing is the emotionally consquences"

Somtimes right before the big game i look in the mirror and tell my self " you're the best wide reciever in all the earth"

Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 PM

388 posts, read 1,352,139 times

Here is a picture of the accused teacher Lisa Glide, taken from the APP. You certainly can't blame the 17 year old with his hormones a ragin'.

Full article here: Authorities: Teacher from Howell had sex with student | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 PM

132 posts, read 598,143 times
I believe the responsibility lies with (in this order), the teacher, the school system that hired that teacher, the parent and the student.[/quote]

I totally disagree with your order sequence. First and foremost, the responsibility lies in the parents, followed by the individual, teachers, schools, and finally people whose professional duties are to assist or help.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:44 PM

234 posts, read 496,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2do4now View Post
I believe the responsibility lies with (in this order), the teacher, the school system that hired that teacher, the parent and the student.

I totally disagree with your order sequence. First and foremost, the responsibility lies in the parents, followed by the individual, teachers, schools, and finally people whose professional duties are to assist or help.[/quote]

I mean the OFFENDING teacher.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:16 PM

132 posts, read 598,143 times
I just read in one site where it appears that the postings came from Old Bridge High School students, that Lisa Glide was a very good drama teacher. Typical responses: some students liked her, others didn't, teacher favoritetism to certain students, etc. What is interesting is that the victim was a very talented drama student, performed in all the school plays, and she focused more attention towards him.

see site...
Lisa Glide « Trophy Seeker

Old 12-05-2008, 01:52 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,022,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwildcats70 View Post
a legal adult should exhibit:
  • self-control - restraint, emotional control.
  • stability - stable personality, strength.
  • independence - ability to self-regulate.
  • seriousness - ability to deal with life in a serious manner.
  • responsibility - accountability, commitment and reliability.
  • method/tact - ability to think ahead and plan for the future, patience.
  • endurance - ability and willingness to cope with difficulties that present themselves.
  • experience - breadth of mind, understanding.
  • objectivity - perspective and realism.
  • decision making capability - as all of the above correspond to making proper decisions.
  • priorities - ability to determine what is necessary at that place and time.
as an authority figure, it's even more so... Most young people would disagree but even people over 18, in this country, are rarely capable to doing this... Hence the reason so many marriages of young couples fail and very young parents have children with behavioral issues. Maybe if this were like some cultures in africa, where adulthood is reached at age 13 and all of the responsibilities that go along with adulthood are put upon them, things would be different. I doubt very highly many teenagers would like being forced to quit school, get jobs, pay bills, buy their own food, etc.

+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey