U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 01:55 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,002,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Jalikeakick View Post
Here is a picture of the accused teacher Lisa Glide, taken from the APP. You certainly can't blame the 17 year old with his hormones a ragin'.

Full article here: Authorities: Teacher from Howell had sex with student | APP.com | Asbury Park Press
Did I mention that the sexist double standard here is completely offensive?
What if it were an attractive man and a 15 yr old GIRL we were talking about? Then it wouldn't be such a laughing matter, would it?

Alex has shared his own experiences here - which I think was cool of you to do Alex - and he's made it pretty clear as someone who has lived this that it is NOT a laughing matter.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 02:30 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,067,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Did I mention that the sexist double standard here is completely offensive?
What if it were an attractive man and a 15 yr old GIRL we were talking about? Then it wouldn't be such a laughing matter, would it?

Alex has shared his own experiences here - which I think was cool of you to do Alex - and he's made it pretty clear as someone who has lived this that it is NOT a laughing matter.
From most males point of view, the experience is a fantasy come true (see Van Halen's Hot for Teacher for ref). But my point is, take the sexual gratification out of the equation and tell me what you have left, how can a minor deal w/ everything else when the adult holds the power? This is a subject that I'm very passionate about because of my own experience. Again, yes the sex was great, BUT remember this, most pedophiles is not about the sex, is about control.

And that's all I'm going to say about that. (Quoting forrest gump)

Old 12-05-2008, 02:46 PM

Well, it's like someone said earlier... now that we're adults you KNOW that no normal 35 yr old is going to be out there trying to bed a 15 yr old.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:48 PM

8,290 posts, read 18,217,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Well, it's like someone said earlier... now that we're adults you KNOW that no normal 35 yr old is going to be out there trying to bed a 15 yr old.
That's what I said before about most of the pictures that belie true appearances. Outwardly, she looks like a normal, attractive adult, but inwardly, the cheese fell off her cracker a long time ago.

Old 12-05-2008, 02:50 PM

7,577 posts, read 21,014,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
That's what I said before about most of the pictures that belie true appearances. Outwardly, she looks like a normal, attractive adult, but inwardly, the cheese fell off her cracker a long time ago.
who said anything about morse?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:03 PM

13,144 posts, read 26,084,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
who said anything about morse?

LOL..bad girl Wiley bad girl

Old 12-05-2008, 03:20 PM

Much needed comic relief Wiley! LOL!

Actually, DH often says how when he was in HS there were some girls who were dating older guys... they'd come by the HS in their sports cars and pick them up and the HS guys would think "Oh they are so cool!" Then when they grew up and realized you are not COOL if you are a 26 yr old wanting to date in HS... you're a loser.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:12 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,553,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Jalikeakick View Post
Here is a picture of the accused teacher Lisa Glide, taken from the APP. You certainly can't blame the 17 year old with his hormones a ragin'.

Full article here: Authorities: Teacher from Howell had sex with student | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

I'm sorry, but if I'm that 15 year old I'm on my knees, hands clasped tight in gleeful prayer, tears of absolute joy flowing like two waterfalls from my eyes, thanking and praising the good lord above. I would've cared less if it was about her control, if it was about her looking for instant gratification, at 15 or 16 or 17 whatever her motives were would've been a-okay by me.

I mean look at her. It ain't like when this 44 year old woman was charged with having sex with a 13 year old.

There couldn't have been too much high fiving in the school yard over that one. This Lisa Gilde was probably front and center in many a school boy fantasy as she is one attractive woman. Had that been me at that age, I would've been praying for a next time. Was it wrong? Morally, yes. Still, I can't fathom any boy his age being scarred over that or regretting doing it. It's beyond my scope.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 PM

61,306 posts, read 79,566,669 times
interesting post read the link. out of 40, 14 were women teachers much more than what i would think. the stereotype is a white guy. it has gotten so bad at our local charter school there are threats of closing it down.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:22 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,740,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I'm sorry, but if I'm that 15 year old I'm on my knees, hands clasped tight in gleeful prayer, tears of absolute joy flowing like two waterfalls from my eyes, thanking and praising the good lord above. I would've cared less if it was about her control, if it was about her looking for instant gratification, at 15 or 16 or 17 whatever her motives were would've been a-okay by me.

I mean look at her. It ain't like when this 44 year old woman was charged with having sex with a 13 year old.

There couldn't have been too much high fiving in the school yard over that one. This Lisa Gilde was probably front and center in many a school boy fantasy as she is one attractive woman. Had that been me at that age, I would've been praying for a next time. Was it wrong? Morally, yes. Still, I can't fathom any boy his age being scarred over that or regretting doing it. It's beyond my scope.

So, suppose the situation was reversed, and the teacher was an attractive man having sex with a teenage girl. The girl has no regrets, it's the fulfillment of a fantasy for her, no pregnancy occurs, she's grateful she had the opportunity to be with an older attractive man. Would you feel the same way?

I'm sorry, but the double standard disgusts me, especially as a male educator myself. Any teacher, regardless of gender, who engages in sexual relations with students should be locked up and lose his/her license, PERIOD. If you can't control yourself as an adult, no matter how difficult it may be, you don't belong in this profession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey