U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:53 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,554,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
So, suppose the situation was reversed, and the teacher was an attractive man having sex with a teenage girl. The girl has no regrets, it's the fulfillment of a fantasy for her, no pregnancy occurs, she's grateful she had the opportunity to be with an older attractive man. Would you feel the same way?

Of course I wouldn't feel the same way and I've already said that looking at it as an adult yes, what she did was morally wrong. However, and this may sound crass, but most 15 or 16 year old males aren't looking for a meaningful relationship. All you're looking for, being a male at that age, is meaningless sex. Sounds crude but there's a reason why women call us pigs. There's probably less than a handful of us on this board who, if faced with the chance to have sex with that woman when we were 15 or 16, wouldn't have done it. Most of us would've jumped at the chance. I would've without blinking twice and nary a regret in sight.

I'll also freely admit that yes, there absolutely is a double standard! There are double standards everywhere, some right and some wrong. You can't treat a boy and a girl equally in every situation. Do you worry about a teenage son going out on a date as much as a teenage daughter? Any parent who's honest with him or herself would say "no". Yes this woman should lose her license because it's against the law being an educator bedding a student. She broke her contract and broke the law. But if I step back into what I would've done had I been that kid, there's no way I would've said "no". Not a chance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 07:03 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,741,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Of course I wouldn't feel the same way and I've already said that looking at it as an adult yes, what she did was morally wrong. However, and this may sound crass, but most 15 or 16 year old males aren't looking for a meaningful relationship. All you're looking for, being a male at that age, is meaningless sex. Sounds crude but there's a reason why women call us pigs. There's probably less than a handful of us on this board who, if faced with the chance to have sex with that woman when we were 15 or 16, wouldn't have done it. Most of us would've jumped at the chance. I would've without blinking twice and nary a regret in sight.

I'll also freely admit that yes, there absolutely is a double standard! There are double standards everywhere, some right and some wrong. You can't treat a boy and a girl equally in every situation. Do you worry about a teenage son going out on a date as much as a teenage daughter? Any parent who's honest with him or herself would say "no". Yes this woman should lose her license because it's against the law being an educator bedding a student. She broke her contract and broke the law. But if I step back into what I would've done had I been that kid, there's no way I would've said "no". Not a chance.
You can treat boys and girls equally when the reasoning behind and the consequences of their actions are the same. And that's why I described the situation as I did. Again, if the girl is also fulfilling a fantasy, has a desire to be with the male teacher, has no regrets about the situation, and no pregnancy occurs, then why should the relationship with the male teacher and the female student be treated differently than the relationship with the female teacher and the male student?

Old 12-05-2008, 07:13 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
You can treat boys and girls equally when the reasoning behind and the consequences of their actions are the same. And that's why I described the situation as I did. Again, if the girl is also fulfilling a fantasy, has a desire to be with the male teacher, has no regrets about the situation, and no pregnancy occurs, then why should the relationship with the male teacher and the female student be treated differently than the relationship with the female teacher and the male student?
Yes but you can't treat boys and girls equally in every instance. However using your example I still stand by my point. Morally it's wrong on the part of the adult and the punishment should be the same regardless of the sexes involved. She violated her contract and broke the law. We agree with that. What I'm getting at is some of the people who would be angry at the child, I guess in this case the boy and this whole thing of the boy either being scarred. I don't doubt that it happens, I think it was Alex who said it happened. Generally speaking do you really think that any boy is going to be scarred over this? I mean really scarred? That's what I'm getting at.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2do4now View Post
I was shocked to read the letters my kids brought home from school yesterday. The Old Bridge Township Board of Education informed parents that an Old Bridge High School teacher was arrested for having sex with a former student. The school board investigation determined that none of the faculty staff members were aware. This was later reported in the 11pm evening news by CBS. It's all over the internet. On one of the sites, a blogger posted a link to an internet site reported teachers arrests throughout the country [URL="http://www.teachercrime.com"]www.teachercrime.com[/URL]
That's why my Mother has told me not to have sex until after marriage.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:26 AM

3,858 posts, read 8,919,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Yes but you can't treat boys and girls equally in every instance. However using your example I still stand by my point. Morally it's wrong on the part of the adult and the punishment should be the same regardless of the sexes involved. She violated her contract and broke the law. We agree with that. What I'm getting at is some of the people who would be angry at the child, I guess in this case the boy and this whole thing of the boy either being scarred. I don't doubt that it happens, I think it was Alex who said it happened. Generally speaking do you really think that any boy is going to be scarred over this? I mean really scarred? That's what I'm getting at.
You're completely missing the point. He'll be scarred alright once she goes into full blown fatal attraction crazy b**** mode and starts throwing pet rabbits in boiling water! ANY full grown woman who messes around with teenage boys obviously has severe mental issues. I am willing to bet that if you looked into this woman's background she has ex-boyfriends who have had to change their name, move to another state, get multiple restraining orders, etc...this woman is clearly bats*** insane!!! Do you really want her sleeping with your teenage son?

Old 12-06-2008, 07:42 AM

84 posts, read 114,983 times
In my opinion, school itself deserves a large share of the blame most of the time when people develop these student-teacher fornication relationship thingies. It's school that creates the circumstances. One of the unspoken rules in today's America is that we are to treat school as a sacred cow, but I don't see it that way at all. You take away school -- or at the very least, the compulsory aspect of it -- and you'll see these relationships fall drastically, because the circumstances are just not forced on people any more, and there's also no more pressure to secularize your moral awareness into oblivion at school's behest.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:59 AM

1,519 posts, read 3,828,154 times
Default Pedophilia, plain and simple.

Let's call it what it is: When we discuss teachers having sexual relations with school students we're really discussing adults abusing children in a manner of sexual perversion. This perversion is called PEDOPHILIA. It is a psychological disease in which adults see children as sexual objects.

Though the culture of pop entertainment seems to champion a boy's conquest of an older woman, (Stacy's Mom, The Graduate, American Pie, etc.), our society claims to protect children from adults who would prey upon their youthful ignorance. I wish this was more often true, but that's a discussion for another day.

Teachers who sexually cross the line with students abuse the position of power, authority, and trust given them by our civic society, the local school board, students' parents, and the students themselves. This behavior is destructive to the individuals involved and destructive to our civilized culture.

Teachers, by definition, should be mindful human beings who need not resort to excuses for their behavior that are rooted in animal instinct. We are better than that!

Some lines should never be crossed. This is one of them. The very insinuation that this behavior may somehow be justified is beyond ludicrous!

Shame on these people. Shame on our entertainment society for duping some people into believing that this kind of behavior is okay. It is never okay.

It is never okay.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:59 AM

1,555 posts, read 3,855,365 times
Okay, someone point me to the planet where folks do not get upset when a 16 or 17 year old has consensual sex with whomever they choose. I can't take this ridiculousness.

Last edited by Tungsten_Udder; 12-06-2008 at 12:38 PM..

Old 12-06-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
You're completely missing the point. He'll be scarred alright once she goes into full blown fatal attraction crazy b**** mode and starts throwing pet rabbits in boiling water! ANY full grown woman who messes around with teenage boys obviously has severe mental issues. I am willing to bet that if you looked into this woman's background she has ex-boyfriends who have had to change their name, move to another state, get multiple restraining orders, etc...this woman is clearly bats*** insane!!! Do you really want her sleeping with your teenage son?

I think someone needs to step away from the TV for a little while...

Old 12-06-2008, 02:49 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,003,290 times
Quote:
So, suppose the situation was reversed, and the teacher was an attractive man having sex with a teenage girl. The girl has no regrets, it's the fulfillment of a fantasy for her, no pregnancy occurs, she's grateful she had the opportunity to be with an older attractive man. Would you feel the same way?

I'm sorry, but the double standard disgusts me, especially as a male educator myself. Any teacher, regardless of gender, who engages in sexual relations with students should be locked up and lose his/her license, PERIOD. If you can't control yourself as an adult, no matter how difficult it may be, you don't belong in this profession.
COULD NOT agree with you MORE. I'd rep you if I could!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey