U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2008, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 21,652 times

Advertisements

Hi guys

I've moving to Plainsboro and am looking at the options of commuting from there to NYC for my job.

Does anyone have information on how reliable the Coach USA line 300 service from Plainsboro to NYC is? The schedule states just less than 1.5hours, can anyone confirm whether this is actually realistic day-to-day?

I know taking a bus to princeton junction + NJ transit or Amtrak train from there to NYC could be another option, but I dont believe it will be that much quicker to be honest. Also the cost difference is about $150/month cheaper on the bus.

If anyone had any experience especially on this bus commute I would really appreciate it!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 17,936 times
I see that there are no replies here but I'm assuming that you've figured it out by now. I am currently moving to Plainsboro as well and work in the city. I have looked into taking the bus from the condo complex (Raven's Crest) to Princeton Junction Station but on the way home in the evenings it seems that I would have to wait quite a while for a bus home. Do you know of any other solutions?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:23 AM

4 posts, read 12,127 times
Please let me know if any of you have solutions to this! I am curious as I am considering moving to Plainsboro this winter.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 AM

3 posts, read 17,936 times
No - i haven't... I'm currently driving to the train station, but you have to get there by 7 am to get a parking spot.

Plainsboro did recently do a big transportation survey to see how they can improve, so hopefully it helps.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:02 PM

11 posts, read 75,522 times
Hi, I know this thread is a year old, but I am looking for same information, I live in plainsboro and need to travel to NYC (times sq) from next month. Right now looking at various options, I think driving to Hamilton & taking a train is the best option since I heard parking in Princeton does not exist after 6.30am, but Hamilton has a big parking deck. But want to know how reliable (timing) is bus from exit 8a to NYC (both ways morning & evening), it seems to be cheaper then hamilton -> nyc and also 8a is closer to my home. Can anyone please comment on the experience? Trying to see which is most convenient
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: