Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:51 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times

Advertisements

go to nj mls and find the site that says north jersey. Then click on Ramsey/ or Mahwah, and you can see if there are townhomes. I will take a look for you right now. Hold on coming back >>>>>>

ok I went to NJ MLS, the site that says north Jersey. Then clicked on townhomes then Mahwah, got alot of townhomes under 400,000. I am sure Ramsey has the same. So look there, its a great choice!!! TRUST ME!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 01:11 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
Pompton Lakes is extremely high for taxes and the High school in not really good. The cancer thing was from Dupont and its all gone now......I would look into Pompton Plains, Kinnelon or even Wayne....Just seems like Pompton Lakes isnt as nice as the towns I mentioned.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:02 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
10K for a 350-400K townhouse is WAY CRAZY. Plus you'll have dues as well. You can do much better.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:12 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
Pompton Lakes is extremely high for taxes and the High school in not really good. The cancer thing was from Dupont and its all gone now......I would look into Pompton Plains, Kinnelon or even Wayne....Just seems like Pompton Lakes isnt as nice as the towns I mentioned.
According to the article posted DuPont's legacy in the town still seems to be wreaking havoc... I'd proceed with caution.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:17 PM

7 posts, read 16,140 times
Well, we were looking north, even into NY at one point, but for some reason liked where pomptom lakes is situated. I looked in some of the areas mentioned and they dont seem as new or as nice as the ones in Pomptom Lakes. I checked Old bridge, and they do have some nice new ones but thats a little too south. Definitely want to search in the Northern NJ area. 10k does sound ridiculous in taxes, that and the dupont plant scare is whats keeping me from making an offer. Not so sure its all gone. I'm wondering if you're a mile or so away from the plant are you any safer? I'm just trying to figure out why PL taxes are so high?

Old 12-08-2008, 02:42 PM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
I still say Pompton Plains is much nicer and a very sought after town......Dupont was years ago supposedly its gone but who knows.....I would be scared also. Why are the taxes so hugh? I dont know guess unlike Riverdale and thge others they really dont have any industry there.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:05 PM

148 posts, read 538,759 times
I know of really nice townhouses in Butler. They are 3 bedroom and $400000 around 6k in taxes. They are a stones throw from Kinnelon, great location! PM me if you want more info.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:53 AM

607 posts, read 958,232 times
Pompton Plains has some nice townhomes - but their school system is in disarray; they are looking at their 4th superintendent in the past 4 years or so, after they pushed one out, then had their most recent selection bail after two years.

Wayne has a bunch, Lincoln Park has a very nice complex in Skyline Village with 2/3 BR off 202 (up the mountain = no flooding).

Our Community | Skyline Village Condominium Association

If you want to go further north on 23, there is Kinnelon and Butler as well.

No desire to have a house w/yard?

Old 12-09-2008, 01:11 PM

7 posts, read 16,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
No desire to have a house w/yard?
I sure do. But in our price range, you wont get nothing a few years new and still close to the Tappan Zee. Not that Pomptom Lakes was that close. Besides house with yard equals alot of work no?

Old 12-09-2008, 02:03 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,921 times
Default Wanaque and Ringwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeBuyer2009 View Post
I sure do. But in our price range, you wont get nothing a few years new and still close to the Tappan Zee. Not that Pomptom Lakes was that close. Besides house with yard equals alot of work no?
If you want to be closer to the Tappan Zee consider going even further north in New Jersey. (I don't mean along the Route 23 corridor to Butler or Kinnelon, which are actually west of Pompton Lakes geographically.) Look due north in Wanaque and Ringwood.

Free standing house with a yard? Yes... you'd be amazed at how far your money goes in those towns. $400,000 max? You can find something for under $300,000!

I think Wanaque and Ringwood are some of the most undervalued areas in North Jersey. In Ringwood, you can even get a lake community home in that price range!

Just watch out for high property taxes and take that into consideration. Being Passaic County, taxes are high -- especially in Wanaque.

Good luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey